IGNORED

Farewell.

Guest Family_Photo_Album

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:grin: LOL! perfect pan-fetish placement

And "disregard for people's lives"...I don't know...We'll see when this is done...

My feeling is people should have expected nothing going into this, and taken full responsibility for their choice.

Though I see your point, I too am disappointed at the lack of adequate advanced warning.

But I'm not that angry, and I'm still interested in the outcome. I'm still of the opinion the whole thing has been fun.

presumably it hasn't cost you a couple of months wages.

i agree.. people have to take responsibilty for their own actions, but we're all aware here that boc inspire some fairly serious devotion, and that it's not a great leap of faith to assume, given the information available that they might actually perform one of their rare.. diamondesque (three in ten years or so ).. gigs.

it would be reasonable to extrapolate that some devoted fans who consider a boc gig the holy grail would drop everything.

it would also be a reasonable assumption that 'everything' might mean feeding the family/paying the rent... not everybody is as capable of that kind of decision making as WE are.

just saying, to a number of people, this could have been a very costly bit of promo/marketing.

Yes...From what you've posted in the past I know you've learned some things the "hard way", as I have...and I still see you defending a person's right to choose, with drugs for example...despite the fact that some people will have their lives ruined by drugs...Too dramatic an analogy, I know, but you get the gist. Since we don't know what's in store yet for those who do make it, I can't say for sure how I'll feel tomorrow...

But...

If I drove to Redpoint, and arrived three hours late, and walked across the sand to a now-dwindling bonfire, to see Mike and Marcus spinning tunes or just hanging around and smoking a joint, it would feel damn special...Assuming they were acting cool...it would make it worth it for me.

presumably it hasn't cost you a couple of months wages.

i agree.. people have to take responsibilty for their own actions, but we're all aware here that boc inspire some fairly serious devotion, and that it's not a great leap of faith to assume, given the information available that they might actually perform one of their rare.. diamondesque (three in ten years or so ).. gigs.

it would be reasonable to extrapolate that some devoted fans who consider a boc gig the holy grail would drop everything.

it would also be a reasonable assumption that 'everything' might mean feeding the family/paying the rent... not everybody is as capable of that kind of decision making as WE are.

just saying, to a number of people, this could have been a very costly bit of promo/marketing.

nothing about this seems right. it's probably just m & m (plus some hex-sunners) sitting around a keg in the hex sun garage with the wife and kid. the "code" was just what kinds of snacks to bring (trail mix, etc.) mabye a fanboy will find the garage and give them a good stalk.

i get the picture...

i'm in the minority.

@lump..wtf does drugs have to do with anything.. i'm talking about a fundamental repect for another individual's life situ. not freedom of choice.

and @ aberration..

you obviously aven't been keeping up.. more than several obsessive fanboi types are travelling in from all corners of the globe.

to west linton in the pentlands.

not to redpoint.

just for a moment, put yourself in their position.

Guest i.fucked.your.mother
i get the picture...

i'm in the minority.

@lump..wtf does drugs have to do with anything.. i'm talking about a fundamental repect for another individual's life situ. not freedom of choice.

and @ aberration..

you obviously aven't been keeping up.. more than several obsessive fanboi types are travelling in from all corners of the globe.

not to redpoint.

I completely agree, most assholes would just laugh it off.

i get the picture...

i'm in the minority.

and @ aberration..

not to redpoint.

i've been wanting to go to the u.k. for about 20 years now, so if i were in their position, i'd use this as an excuse for a u.k. vacation, and not have my hopes pinned on the boc thing. but i find it amazing that fanboys have the time and resources to drop everything and fly from the u.s. to scotland for a (slim) chance of seeing something happen. is it all on mom's credit card or what?

it'll be interesing what this board looks like in a couple hours.

will boc have fewer fans tomorrow? or will the obsessed take it to another level?

Guest Strange Attractor
hopefully they all got thrown into a pit and burned alive, id buy that for a dollar!

LOL!

Music Has The Right To Sacrifices.

Guest tidbit

here is how the boccian logic works...

redpoint, red moon.. red .. and point (at the sky).. point is red.. moon is point. ..which is red.. so in that way the conclusion is pointred.. but its otherway round.. because of ancient cryptic messages,.. so its redpoint. and not podreint or anything.. so there. its so obvious!

NO SERIOUSLY ITS JUST BOC ON THEIR PERIOD

I thought boc were guys..? what are you talking about

Wtf, why has everybody decided something's happening at Redpoint? This is just random pish.

Read loganfive's breakdown of family photo album's post. If you don't believe family photo album, there's no way I can convince you otherwise, as there's no proof he's a hex-sunner.

Somebody better go to Redpoint though...If only to find the remains of a bonfire, empty amyl nitrate capsules and bottles of lube...I want confirmation that family photo album's posts have been the real deal.

I thought boc were guys..? what are you talking about

You must be the last to hear they're the Sandison sisters. n00b!

Guest TNTFG

Everyone needs to chill. This is far and away the coolest things I've ever heard of a band doing, whether a show happens or not, which it probaly will.

Plus all this stuff about humanistic crap; everyone whose making the attempt to go knows damn well that nothing was certain.

I say hooray to boards of canada, and I only hope next time this happens its a little more convenient for myself.

Guest Archrival

Kaen is the biggest fan so all you just chill, hes always here browsing redmoon topics ;) I think hes one of the moste intrested guys in this topic..he just pretend to not being so into this...and hes still awake watching all the action going down about the redmoon speculations..

Kaen is the biggest fan so all you just chill, hes always here browsing redmoon topics ;) I think hes one of the moste intrested guys in this topic..he just pretend to not being so into this...and hes still awake watching all the action going down about the redmoon speculations..

He's as gentle as a lamb. Or as gentle as meatwad.

Meatwad.jpg awwww

Archived