IGNORED

Ozric Tentancles appreciation thread

TheBro

I had one of their albums, Strangeitude I think. I saw them live once too.

I had a load of their albums on tape and gave them away stupidly which I regret. Need to get some Ozrics vinyl to be honest!!

wow! blast from the past

haven't even heard or read the name of this band for eons, one of my best friends always used to play them back in the day (when honourably mashed)

you just brought back some good memories : )

wow! blast from the past

haven't even heard or read the name of this band for eons, one of my best friends always used to play them back in the day (when honourably mashed)

you just brought back some good memories : )

No worries!!! :D

thanks for posting this.. i've been meaning to listen to them since the 90s.. i heard the name from a reference in Jeff Minter's shareware game Llamatron (the end boss was called the Ozric Tentacle iirc), figured it was just a cool sounding name he'd made up, then saw Sliding Gliding Worlds in a music shop and went whoah! didn't buy it though. i've been listening to them the last few days... faves so far are There Is Nothing and Sliding Gliding Worlds. their old cassette stuff ticks so many boxes for me.. 70s sad weird last unicorn vibe, 80s reverb drums and keyboard stab feel, 90s psytrance arps or whatever...dubby echo drums..fast shimmery spinning vibe ... they would've probs been my fave band if i'd found em in my teens, a bit before getting into thee IDMz.. definitely filed under GUILTY PLEASURES now, next to Shpongle. :::)

I can tell that I would have loved this stuff 15-20 years ago. And still it's p nice but after a few songs.. just too.. idk. Just over this kind of thing. I guess I need shrooms or something.

I saw Eat Static live once which I guess is related.

Archived