IGNORED

Opinions on this track?

zoix

I've been wanting to finish this track for a while, but just can't decide if the violin and strings work out. What do you think? I'm just using the string stuff that comes with Kontakt 5.

The violin comes in at 1.51 and then there's strings at 3.52 and forwards.

Not mastered so gotta crank the volume a bit.

https://soundcloud.com/zoixx/minnen-av-verksamhet

A few things I liked:

The “ooooh” sounding synth that comes in around 3:12

The plucked strings at 4:58

Overall production is good

That said I feel like the track has a lot of ingredients but is missing a crucial one that ties everything together, vocals maybe?

A few things I liked:

The “ooooh” sounding synth that comes in around 3:12

The plucked strings at 4:58

Overall production is good

That said I feel like the track has a lot of ingredients but is missing a crucial one that ties everything together, vocals maybe?

Thanks for the feedback!

I guess I could look at adding a few sampled voices. I kind of felt that the organ driving the track and the violin was the lead voice and that was sort of enough.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

yeah very dubby. i think the strings totally work, unexpected but interesting. especially when there is that fluttering bow effect. 

i reckon you could use a beefier snare drum. really nice track tho

yeah very dubby. i think the strings totally work, unexpected but interesting. especially when there is that fluttering bow effect. 

i reckon you could use a beefier snare drum. really nice track tho

Thanks! Dub is the shit. 

Dubby. Nice. The PSX-ness probably comes from the violin. Maybe make it a bit more obviously artificial?

I was trying with some delay and saturation, but I can probably do some more things. Good point.

Thing is that I wanted to switch it out for something else but I didn't find an instrument that could hold the melody in the same way.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Nice slice of dubstep. Unique. Reminds me of like Meat Beat Manifesto, Scorn and Luke Vibert all rolled into one. Curious to hear more of your stuff. Drums could be a bit heavier but that's just my tastes lol.

Nice slice of dubstep. Unique. Reminds me of like Meat Beat Manifesto, Scorn and Luke Vibert all rolled into one. Curious to hear more of your stuff. Drums could be a bit heavier but that's just my tastes lol.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived