Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

- - - - -

T3 Tracks
Tulpas and Tunes

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:25 AM

More piano-ish stuff - this time with 5000% more drums! Pretty much done, just some little bits to be cleaned up/tweaked. Will start using this thread for general track postings n'whatnot. . . 

Listen on Soundcloud.com

#2 Drum Up

Drum Up

Recently Joined

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • 10 topics
  • Joined 13-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/user-23055699-353945715
  • Interests:60 Hz, 12 - 20 kHz

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

really like when 1:34 hits and then the drums come back in. Tasty pan placement on the drums in that little break and throughout. I listened in over-the-ear headphones, and the kick and bass were lacking presence in the introduction. I felt like this may have been intentional on your part to make the low end feel more energetic when they came in later, but still thought that the low end in the intro was lacking level-wise. Really cool beats and piano stuff. Like your last piano track, the melodies in the intro were really nice. Thought it was a nice touch how the piano sound was replaced by the music-box-ish patch in the second half. 

#3 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:30 AM

really like when 1:34 hits and then the drums come back in. Tasty pan placement on the drums in that little break and throughout. I listened in over-the-ear headphones, and the kick and bass were lacking presence in the introduction. I felt like this may have been intentional on your part to make the low end feel more energetic when they came in later, but still thought that the low end in the intro was lacking level-wise. Really cool beats and piano stuff. Like your last piano track, the melodies in the intro were really nice. Thought it was a nice touch how the piano sound was replaced by the music-box-ish patch in the second half. 

Cheers! Very useful feedback - the lack of kick/bass in the intro is somewhat intentional - but I've felt there was some frequency missing in the intro. Think you nailed it - have an idea of what I'll do there. Very nice. . . 

Edited by T3551ER, 01 February 2019 - 09:55 AM.

#4 Mozex

Mozex

• Members Plus
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
  • 5 topics
  • Joined 19-January 19
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/mo7ex
  • Interests:Making music and dancing

Posted 01 February 2019 - 12:08 PM

Nicely done!

#5 rhmilo

rhmilo

Recently Joined

• Supporting Member
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
  • 4 topics
  • Joined 19-November 18

Posted 01 February 2019 - 01:07 PM

Love what you've done to the piano.

The drums are a bit loud for my tastes. The mangling on them is really great, though.

Interplay between the piano and the music box type sounds in the final part is lovely. Nice gamelan type atmosphere without coming off all cheesy and ethnicky.

All parts could maybe have been a bit shorter, but maybe that's just me.

#6 T3551ER

T3551ER

Recently Joined

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 03-August 17

Posted 01 February 2019 - 02:08 PM

Thanks Moz! 

rhmilo - very useful feedback. The drums are fairly up front, agreed - may work on compressing them into the rest of the sounds. Ta. 

I'm with you - needs some pruning for sure . . . :-)

#7 milkyheart

milkyheart

• Knob Twiddlers
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • 7 topics
  • Joined 25-May 17
  • SoundCloud URL:https://soundcloud.com/milkyheart/
  • Interests:video game music, venetian snares, funk

Posted 01 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

real nice drum work. combined with the piano, it creates a unique atmosphere.