IGNORED

T3 Tracks

T3551ER

More piano-ish stuff - this time with 5000% more drums! Pretty much done, just some little bits to be cleaned up/tweaked. Will start using this thread for general track postings n'whatnot. . . 

really like when 1:34 hits and then the drums come back in. Tasty pan placement on the drums in that little break and throughout. I listened in over-the-ear headphones, and the kick and bass were lacking presence in the introduction. I felt like this may have been intentional on your part to make the low end feel more energetic when they came in later, but still thought that the low end in the intro was lacking level-wise. Really cool beats and piano stuff. Like your last piano track, the melodies in the intro were really nice. Thought it was a nice touch how the piano sound was replaced by the music-box-ish patch in the second half. 

really like when 1:34 hits and then the drums come back in. Tasty pan placement on the drums in that little break and throughout. I listened in over-the-ear headphones, and the kick and bass were lacking presence in the introduction. I felt like this may have been intentional on your part to make the low end feel more energetic when they came in later, but still thought that the low end in the intro was lacking level-wise. Really cool beats and piano stuff. Like your last piano track, the melodies in the intro were really nice. Thought it was a nice touch how the piano sound was replaced by the music-box-ish patch in the second half. 

Cheers! Very useful feedback - the lack of kick/bass in the intro is somewhat intentional - but I've felt there was some frequency missing in the intro. Think you nailed it - have an idea of what I'll do there. Very nice. . . 

Love what you've done to the piano.

The drums are a bit loud for my tastes. The mangling on them is really great, though.

Interplay between the piano and the music box type sounds in the final part is lovely. Nice gamelan type atmosphere without coming off all cheesy and ethnicky.

All parts could maybe have been a bit shorter, but maybe that's just me.

Thanks Moz! 

rhmilo - very useful feedback. The drums are fairly up front, agreed - may work on compressing them into the rest of the sounds. Ta. 

I'm with you - needs some pruning for sure . . . :-)

• 1 month later...

Hey mate,

I dig this. Do think the drums might be better off pushed back a little bit ... even some parallel processing might be nice and playing with the mix a bit as the track progresses..

Nice transitions... some 90s era SP fills that are very nice. Love that first breakdown... very classy :)

Thanks Stick! Ahhh, yeah yeah that makes TOTAL sense. . . felt like something was missing here and I think that's it. Drums did feel a bit overpowering - now have something to tweak. Cheers!

Totally going for an early  [ ]< vibe here - prob some of my fave electronic stuffs so appreciate the comparison. :-)

Thanks John! Glad u enjoyed - someday I will make an album but probably will be an octogenarian by then so it will be less of a "hell of a ride" and more of a "slow, plodding descent down a handicap ramp" ^_^ 

Archived