IGNORED

Ty Segall - First Taste

J3FF3R00

“... out August 2 via Drag City

https://pitchfork.com/news/ty-segall-announces-new-album-first-taste-shares-video-for-new-song-watch/

I’m actually just discovering this dude now. He’s pretty rad. I saw him live at a secret show last night and he played the whole new album. Of all of the recordings I’ve heard from him, none quite matched the power and intensity of his live show. His band is phenomenal. 2 bases, 2 drum kits, 2 guitars, 2 bouzoukis (one acoustic and one electric) and more. HUGE sound. If you get a chance to see him live, jump on it!

17 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

“... out August 2 via Drag City

https://pitchfork.com/news/ty-segall-announces-new-album-first-taste-shares-video-for-new-song-watch/

I’m actually just discovering this dude now. He’s pretty rad. I saw him live at a secret show last night and he played the whole new album. Of all of the recordings I’ve heard from him, none quite matched the power and intensity of his live show. His band is phenomenal. 2 bases, 2 drum kits, 2 guitars, 2 bouzoukis (one acoustic and one electric) and more. HUGE sound. If you get a chance to see him live, jump on it!

I've seen him live a few times but don't recall two drummers or two bassists. Sounds awesome! Looking forward to the new one, hope it's a little more back to basics compared to last year's attempt at classic rock. It was overall a good album, it was just a bit too bombastic in parts.

9 hours ago, sidewinder said:

I've seen him live a few times but don't recall two drummers or two bassists. Sounds awesome! Looking forward to the new one, hope it's a little more back to basics compared to last year's attempt at classic rock. It was overall a good album, it was just a bit too bombastic in parts.

Ty plays the 2nd kit for half of the songs. The other musicians switch instruments but many of the songs have 2 bass parts. The 2 bouzoukis are pretty rad. The acoustic one is basically doing the job of a clean 12 string guitar (really nice tone) and Ty plays the electric one with blistering solos. To my ears, the new material was probably more in the “classic rock” vein. I dug it. 

Archived