3 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

it's about to get stranger and deadlier

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

kind of glad he is.. i don't have the energy to contemplate someone new. also i don't think there would be much enthusiasm for whoever the dems would try to shoehorn in his place to run against trump. 

also, him saying this sooner rather than later means he can put some effort into changing perceptions but it's totally an uphill battle. whatever moron agreed to a 9pm debate should be fired. 

if the dems would've been down in the mud for the last year things would be better.. but they do that "take the high road" bullshit.  meanwhile this is trending on twitter (again) as it was last time around.. no idea why this isn't pasted on the fucking moon. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c1b7a794692b444eb7087f2fd92f30fe.jpeg

also... fcking hell.. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3122250d85c2415162157d30cd2cf2a8.jpeg

1 minute ago, may be rude said:

i, for one, can't wait for 86 year old biden

we're all going to be waiting.. so long.. he wants to say good night to everyone at the party one at a time.. then takes forever to get to the car. farting obliviously the whole time. 

probably trump going to win.. make himself dictator.. do some mega crimes using the office of the president to gain a few billion dollars and sell the country to putin.. while putting cronies in everywhere and fucking up every aspect of government for a generation or more.. all while climate change creeps up everyone's ass.. 

i'm sure it'll be fine. 

all i know is.. that.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

probably trump going to win..

we can't let that happen. timothy snyder, yale historian who studies authoritarians, called it out in early 2016, that trump is an authoritarian. it was a strange accusation at the time, but he was right. he looked like he would try to break it, and then he got in there and he tried to break it. 

9 hours ago, may be rude said:

we can't let that happen. timothy snyder, yale historian who studies authoritarians, called it out in early 2016, that trump is an authoritarian. it was a strange accusation at the time, but he was right. he looked like he would try to break it, and then he got in there and he tried to break it. 

i also existed in 2016. so, i'm familiar with the stories.

i'm familiar w/Snyder.. and it's obvious who trump is and has always been. "we can't let that happen" is what people said in 2016 as well. all the negative vile and disturbing things about trump don't seem to matter to the people who vote for him.. because they're idiots or fascists or similar. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

all the negative vile and disturbing things about trump don't seem to matter to the people who vote for him.. 

it's a new world with info so i'm rapping on the recursive message, to tell people to tell people. the sociology of the future, after adapting to modern technology, is in it's baby stage of being activated. where people get maybe 50% of their information is from other people. 

this was a good episode on info stuff, focusing more on the field of study of online influence campaigns. https://www.lawfaremedia.org/article/chatter--the-people-who-turn-lies-into-reality--with-renée-diresta

there's a lot of information that people don't have. share good facts. to distill the necessary solution to its simplest action, that's it. we will either elect trump or not in a way directly proportional to how well we guide our fellow citizens through the hazardous info space. 

persuasion also involves expressing genuinely what you think is important and why, to people. we need more interactions like that, where people explain to others why trump must not be voted for. so do that too, in addition to sharing good facts. those are 2 things people should be doing, for this election.

like, did you know, trump had a draft executive order for using the military to seize voting machines in cobb county georgia? https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/21/read-the-never-issued-trump-order-that-would-have-seized-voting-machines-527572

Edited by may be rude