IGNORED

Self Isolation Piano Recordings

pcock

One advantage of locking myself in the flat is ive been doing an absolute shit-tonne of practice.

Started this piece by Faure on Saturday. His sixth Barcarolle in Eb Major. In dedication of the currently clear and lovely looking Venetian Canals.

• Like 6

That's a push and pull unfortunately, it's a digital piano and they don't sound very rich when dry. They can't simulate the warmth a room provides

I tried to get the second poeme of the set nailed today but its alot harder than i remember. picking them up again after 5 years so just trying to reiginite my subconsious muscle memory. i should get it tommorow.

• Thanks 1

holy cow cheers mang, those are dope.

didn't know bowen, great piece! some really weird shit going on, endless modulation in unexpected directions, weird progressions and stuff. pretty eccentric. 

your playing is excellent btw, congrats

do keep em coming if you have time, looking forward to hearing more

Im just gonna hurl all my stuff in here. ive got a feeling im going to be making alot of music the next few months.

been trying to meditate each morning so ive started putting together simple ambient stuff to sit in the background instead of an alarm.

hah. that piece is a nightmare for mistakes. everything is so celestially diatonic that they stick out like sore dicks.

im actually going to stop just doing dribs and drabs. im gonna record a full album and get it mastered etc and leave it in here for you guys.

• 1 month later...

I played piano years ago, some part of me secretly wants to isolate myself in the woods and just play piano by myself forever.

Sounds really good btw

• 4 weeks later...

im still slowly working on the album. currently focussing on content for a website post lockdown to get students, maybe some background lounge work and stop having to chef for a living. I also need to get better at making my digital piano sound rich and expansive in ableton.

nice, i hope you'll manage to make music teaching and playing your full-time job. life's too short not to make your passion your job. 

btw care to share personal compositions or jams if you have some? i know i'm the only one interested but i'm just curious to hear your personal stuff, if you care enough. you could post them under a different name if you don't want your real name attached to them.