IGNORED

rraAste tracks

zkom

I think I'll just set up this thread to post my various non-ambient tracks. More like IDM/techno/electro stuff mostly under the rraAste alias. Not going to be updated super often I think.. This one I started over a year ago in Cambodia.

• Like 6

Thanks, man :beer:

Yes, I was disoriented and going crazy from the heat in my cheap non-AC guesthouse room making this:wacko:

• 3 months later...

Thanks! The bit harder kick drum is actually my own kick drum instrument created with Reaktor mixed with a sample of a subbass kick.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Is it in the user library?

Well, not yet at least, maybe if I clean it up a bit so it doesn't look like such a mess, lol. Also I would still like to develop it a bit.

Currently it's something like this in the UI. Basically a sinewave kick with some ways to distort and filter:

kzmodrum.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, dingformung said:

Looks pretty straight forward and not like a mess to me. You could add something like an FM sub bass or a super harmonically distorted sub 60Hz element.

The wiring behind the UI is pretty messed. I need to clean it up.

I was also thinking about adding sub bass somehow so I wouldn't have to layer it with a sub bass kick drum sample. Subharmonic sinewave maybe, but let's see what sounds good.

• 3 months later...

Here's a new track. Glitchy & crunchy.

Has some more Reaktor instruments I've been creating lately. Renoise as a DAW as usual.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

I really like it. Both sequencing and sound design are superb. Could be a bit more compressed for my taste

Thanks!:beer:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, sTeh B L said:

"nama" is a pretty funny track. I would have liked some more extreme/noticeable beat variations. But maybe that would take away from the minimalism?

Yes, it's intentionally quite repetitive. The previous tracks have pretty chaotic beats so just to shake up things a bit I decided to play the electro-style beat pretty straight. Fun fact: the first draft was done with nanoloop on my phone and I then rewrote the whole thing in Renoise while adding quite a lot of new stuff.

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

It's not even that minimalist in the end, there is quite a bit of variation at all times. 

That's how my tracks usually go. They are pretty simple in the beginning but then I start to do all kinds of small edits here and the whole thing eventually blows up, lol. But here I kept the 16 beat kick and snare pattern relatively constant instead of changing it every so often.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, justanotheruser said:

Nice kick! Loving that muted sound. 

Thanks! I should sometime finish the Reaktor kick instrument that most of these are using but I keep tweaking it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chim said:

Very cool! Messed up and industrial but retains the groove.

Thanks!:beer:

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, eassae said:

I really like how this one builds and progresses, with that almost ever present heartbeat like bass bell. Nick work! Really great little isolated modulation at 4:00.

The modulation at 4:00 is arpeggio applied on the kick drum :cool: