IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

Guest Mr Salads

thomas pynchon - inherent vice

saw this at the bookstore. had to double take as the cover makes it look like a mystery novel by jimmy buffett. didn't realize he had a new one out so i bought it. it's ok, really slight reading compared to his other books. kind of pointless.

I read this too, it wasn't pointless though. Carries a lot of Pynchon themes and social reflections. It's been said that novels like Against the Day and Gravity's Rainbows are like his Opera's, Crying lot of 49 is a fugue, and this is more of a Pop song. Very true, a much broader audience can read this novel while still being exposed to some of the ideas Pynchon expresses with his work.

Those are really pretentious interpretations, you realize this

What would V be then?

Guest zaphod

v is like the van halen song you play in your head to drown out the reality of a horse sliding its cock into your ass while your friend videotapes the whole thing

I just finished reading Grass' Headbirths or The Germans Are Dying Out. It was a really enjoyable read, there are lots of clever and critical musings but parts get a little too personal and dated at points.

The Japanese Experience

Korean Impact on Japanese Culture - Japan's Hidden History

Also that Kim Jong Il book is huge lols. But the dude is serious about his cinema...he kidnaps directors to make movies for him.

Maybe we could get him to kidnap Uwe Boll or Michael Bay.

Guest Mr Salads

the jong il book looks funny. it probably isnt though. its probably dull and boring. but what a great coffee table book.

Guest zaphod

yeah it's actually extremely verbose and nonsensical, ultimately really boring. but i love the idea of it. it's a great conversation starter.

yeah it's actually extremely verbose and nonsensical, ultimately really boring. but i love the idea of it. it's a great conversation starter.

What are some of the most ridiculous things that he says???

I just started Elfriede Jelinek's Lust, and boy does she hate sex.

Guest analogue wings

I just finished reading Grass' Headbirths or The Germans Are Dying Out. It was a really enjoyable read, there are lots of clever and critical musings but parts get a little too personal and dated at points.

I think I'd be a big Grass fan if German was a more translateable language. German novels in English are always so awkward - they always read like a 75 year old woman has done the translation, complete with her 1950s ideas of how the idiomatic speech chould be rendered.

It's verbose and boring because that's how North Korean propoganda is. And probably because they have lousy translators.