IGNORED

Lo Five tunes

granty

I'm going to put all my stuff in one thread now instead of polluting YLC. Here's a new one I've been scratching and labouring over for ages, mainly with the arrangement/drum sounds. I think I'm pretty much there with it for now - need to not listen to it for a month and come back to it with fresh ears...

https://soundcloud.com/lo_five/machinations-of-the-world

no link anymore! btw I'm a lazy and forgetful person and I don't check YLC constantly, if you upload another version in reply to this post, please send me a link on PM too, I'm interested and don't want to miss it !....

no link anymore! btw I'm a lazy and forgetful person and I don't check YLC constantly, if you upload another version in reply to this post, please send me a link on PM too, I'm interested and don't want to miss it !....

I think I remember meaning to listen to this at the time too but forgot about it. I'm interested as well if you want to re-up/have a new version.

Sure thing - I just made it private because I decided it needed some minor changes to the arrangement, plus I want to basically mix it from scratch as it's a bit messy. Let me know what you think anyways, good or bad, cheers.

Can't comment on the mix much because I listened to this on my phone speakers, but the arrangement is nice. Some of the percussion reverb could be toned back a little to my taste but otherwise I don't have much criticism. Good stuff.

Wow. This is probably the best track I've heard on WATMM. Great tune, ambience and general feeling. I really like the nannouesque percussion and it sounds very professional.

Great work man!

Thanks for listening folks. Yeah the percussion needs work, not sure I can get around that because I recorded those samples myself then slowed some of them down - so the natural room reverb's been drawn out over a longer time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Couple of recent ones here, this one's an ambient experiment I made using slowed down recordings of me mooching around town:

https://soundcloud.com/lo_five/a-pivotal-moment-in-situ

This one's got a folktronica feel to it:

https://soundcloud.com/lo_five/machinations-of-the-world

• 3 weeks later...

That's wonderful! Intro really sets the tone right. Also those field recordings in there are lovely.

Thanks! That thudding pulse that runs through it is a marine pile driver that plants wind turbines. Scared the crap out of me when they woke me up a few weeks back, felt like the aliens had finally invaded.

Archived