IGNORED

Sampling Synths

YEK

1 minute ago, thawkins said:

Thanks.

Yeah I think I have to roll with something like that. I just remember that M4L device having options to sample at multiple velocities and automatically do fades and cut the samples to be as short as possible as to not contain silence and start with a transient etc etc.

Maybe past me was smart enough to at least get that device and its still around on my computer somewhere.

I bet you can find a MIDI file somewhere with the full 127 MIDI notes played at multiple velocities for this exact purpose, so you don't have to make your own.  trimming the silence on each hit could probably be mostly automated in Reaper too, but depending on how many you have it might be easier to just zoom the waveforms vertically and then resize the clips and add fades where they're needed manually after you've done the splitting.  

4 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

I bet you can find a MIDI file somewhere with the full 127 MIDI notes played at multiple velocities for this exact purpose, so you don't have to make your own.  trimming the silence on each hit could probably be mostly automated in Reaper too, but depending on how many you have it might be easier to just zoom the waveforms vertically and then resize the clips and add fades where they're needed manually after you've done the splitting.  

I did something like this years ago for my KORG MicroX and I still have the kits around, however this time around I wanted to have a more professional approach somehow.

I kind of hoped someone had made a thing which creates a Live drum kit automatically because I have like 20-30 presets in there that would be nice to have on hand as fully prepared kits. Doing anything manually adds up time quite fast at these numbers.

10 minutes ago, thawkins said:

Cool. Thanks for the suggestion. I am not paying 170€ or more for this, but nice to know that this stuff exists.

Yeah fair enough haha expensive shit.

Im gonna get it eventually for one precise task: transforming Spitfire sample banks instrument into banks usable in samplers that support microtonal.

Microtonal Orchestraaaaa

Edited by thefxbip