IGNORED

Polyend Poly 2 Din midi in / out

Jed

Just purchased my first case and synth modules. I got the Polyend Poly 2 for expanding my modulation options but I hit a bit of a snag today when trying to get it up and running. For whatever reason, it doesn't appear to be receiving midi via the 3.5mm midi jack. I plugged the same midi into one of my synths and it worked fine, but not with the poly 2. After a couple of hours, I had the bright idea to try the USB connection, and it immidiately started working. I'm fairly new to modular and wasn't certain if I might be doing something incorrectly. Anyone have any insight?

A quick look at the product page tells me the poly2 has several different modes and seems a fairly complex and configurable module. Have you rtfm? Or maybe it's the jack to din cable, do you have another you can try? Or can you somehow verify the one you used is working? 

I recall that those newfangled 3.5mm MIDI jacks have different wiring standards, so my first instinct is to check what sort of standard Polyend works with and compare with your other synths (the ones where the adapter/cable works).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thawkins said:

I recall that those newfangled 3.5mm MIDI jacks have different wiring standards, so my first instinct is to check what sort of standard Polyend works with and compare with your other synths (the ones where the adapter/cable works).

These dang newfangled 3.5mm MIDI! When I was a kid we had to walk 20 miles in the snow, with no shoes on, just to get to RadioShack and buy cables that had all the pins wired. Owww! My back! Dang kids with their Pokémon cards and fancy sneakers.

2 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

These dang newfangled 3.5mm MIDI! When I was a kid we had to walk 20 miles in the snow, with no shoes on, just to get to RadioShack and buy cables that had all the pins wired. Owww! My back! Dang kids with their Pokémon cards and fancy sneakers.

You forgot "uphill both ways"! The damn youth nowadays can't even remember things properly! When I was a kid ....

Edited by thawkins
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hah, I ended up having a back and forth with the manufacturer, it would seem the midi in is in fact defective, but the midi out and USB midi in both work so ?‍♀️

• Like 1