IGNORED

cavity job demo on ibc radio 1991

Ski Nell

here's something that might interest you guys ?

i stumbled upon this on an ibc recording, a cavity job "demo" played on one of autechre's shows with another dj, before the official cavity job release

it sounds like it's extended by a few seconds and there's less sample usage. also sounds rougher than the single version. but this could just be my ears deceiving me

at the end of the recording they say they're looking for labels to release the tune. i think this is from before sweatbox 2, so my guess is that this was recorded around may or even april 1991

Edited by Ski Nell
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 11

that is one hell of a find! where did you get this? i still have a 60~min recording of one of their IBC pirate radio broadcasts, was floating around here iirc. never heard of another DJ appearing, and i don't think there was much (if any) homebrew Ae material. you have a lot to add to that era of Ae lore.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 12:12 PM, Dragon said:

that is one hell of a find! where did you get this? i still have a 60~min recording of one of their IBC pirate radio broadcasts, was floating around here iirc. never heard of another DJ appearing, and i don't think there was much (if any) homebrew Ae material. you have a lot to add to that era of Ae lore.

these recordings used to be on the ibc website, they're still hosted on some weird site that doesn't work anymore, but i managed to download these files somehow

ibc had a lot to do with autechre in their early days. they did an interview and played some of their tunes. but they never had their own solo show, all their appearances are with another dj (afaik)

here's a list of shows featuring autechre that you can still find online

• May (?) 1991 ----- this is the one with the cavity job demo, DM me if you want the full recording (nothing interesting just some nice techno tunes)
  • June 1991
  • Another 1991 show --- Part 1, Part 2
  • 1992 --- click on the second file
  • Another 1992 show

andy skam also had his own show in 1996. they're on mixcloud too

Edited by Ski Nell
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

thank you!!

the one i was talking about is June 1991 - my copy seems to be higher quality (192kbps) and it's from the WATMM downloads section, quite a few years ago. i have a second set which is not listed up there - it runs at 44:02 and it's labelled Autechre___1991_XX_XX_IBC_Radio___2_interview. content and format is same as the other sets.

@Joyrex what is happening with the Downloads section anyway? the original thread once had some amazing stuff...

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 5:13 PM, Dragon said:

thank you!!

the one i was talking about is June 1991 - my copy seems to be higher quality (192kbps) and it's from the WATMM downloads section, quite a few years ago. i have a second set which is not listed up there - it runs at 44:02 and it's labelled Autechre___1991_XX_XX_IBC_Radio___2_interview. content and format is same as the other sets.

@Joyrex what is happening with the Downloads section anyway? the original thread once had some amazing stuff...

The thread or the section?

On 11/8/2022 at 1:04 AM, FurryThings said:

Do I need to donate to download thesse?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

no lol. the links Ski Nell posted are all off the site, not WATMM.

15 hours ago, Joyrex said:

The thread or the section?

from what i can see, the Downloads section has very little content - a small number of threads with one item each. i'm talking about the original, single thread with everything in it:

none of the links work - they all redirect to ifyoudothisfuckyou.com.

so when can we get this huge, awesome collection up and running again?

Edited by Dragon

• 4 months later...
32 minutes ago, Ski Nell said:

Looks like the website i downloaded this from is now gone for good. glad i downloaded the tape while it was still online ?

repost plz