IGNORED

"[Fifteenth Album]" Speculation Thread

splesh

6 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

Yeah same here, partly hoping that it'll be a phase and partly annoyed that I can't seem to get properly into the live stuff. 

Being at the concert is another thing entirely and I've enjoyed thoroughly the couple of times I've had the pleasure, but listening at home (even to the very same set I heard live) almost like they're so good at tailoring something for a specific medium that when taken out of its intended context loses something. The one part I've discovered so far that sits alongside their "studio" type stuff is the first half hour of Dublin '18, It's the slow birthing of a shimripl casual! 

Funnily enough I've had the completely opposite reaction with the current sets - didn't enjoy it at all on the day (caught 'London A') but I've kept coming back to these sets more and more, probably got far more hours listened than Sign or Plus.

I find it helps to just start with one or two and get really familiar before deep-diving into the whole lot.  Maybe give London B a few goes first?  I'd put some of that set right up there with their absolute best album tracks, and the 'difficult' section in the middle is not nearly as unsettling as some of the 'A' set.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Before SIGN/PLUS dropped I was hoping for a concise album with short musically tight tracks (a la Quaristic I guess) to work as a counterpoint against years of vastness 

That’s almost exactly what ae released with SIGN/PLUS but I think COVID ruined the timing 

• Like 1