IGNORED

"[Fifteenth Album]" Speculation Thread

splesh

I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth because I am loving what we've been hearing from the twentytwentytwo tour, and yet... Bull Wallet, Kiosk, ... what lies on the other side of SIGN and PLUS, if anything? I'm not so sure another album, EP, or single, honestly. After naming a bonus track "key osc" after Kiosk, and more recently the twin fourteenth albums and their names being both a reference to signed number representations, definitively lampshading our Ae-fan joke "sean pls", and a recent comment Sean made in the AMA, I'm inclined to think there will not be any such thing, at least not any time soon. (I know, sort of a bummer and ridiculous to start this thread with such a nonstarter. My bad. The only thing I feel even close to certain of in this regard, is that if there is to be a new release that it seems fairly unlikely to have an official hard copy. After all, the pressings of NTS Sessions were limited editions and Ae were among the earliest groups (along with Radiohead's In Rainbows) to state the digital files of their album (remember when Quaristice came out almost 15 years ago now?) was the definitive version? If they do put out a new album, if they do change their sound yet again, it seems highly doubtful to me that they will give up Max/MSP and/or other sorts of generative approaches as well as no longer doing any granular synthesis. But only time will tell. Take your time if you are, Sean and Rob, always sounds good, never sounds rushed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

Dmitri pls

Screenshot 2022-11-17 140935.jpg

aepng.jpg

Masterfully done, Herr Wurstwasser. What software are you using?

On 11/8/2022 at 1:16 AM, Psychotronic said:

I challenge them hereby to make some really banging hard techno tracks that let the dance floors explode. ?

Honestly super banging hard techno that is nonetheless replete with Autechre flavour would be/is already something I yearn for

i'm just gonna say it - now that it's been confirmed multiple times that Sug and Rab read these threads and name albums after memes, we should just go all the way and speculate for months about an album called "bum bum nuggets". sounds like a fine Bogdan Raczynski collab.

Spoiler

so guys have you heard about bum bum nuggets? sounds wet af

• Farnsworth 1

On 11/8/2022 at 6:16 AM, Psychotronic said:

I challenge them hereby to make some really banging hard techno tracks that let the dance floors explode. ?

Yeah think I called this a while ago. A series of 12" club bangers by 'chre plz

• Like 4

On 11/7/2022 at 10:16 PM, Psychotronic said:

autechre - grantz graf [hardstep deepwave busted speaker remix] (produced by deadmau5 [duet vocals by squarepusher and sonny moore]) [50% slower with reverb and bass boost] (360 bpm)

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah think I called this a while ago. A series of 12" club bangers by 'chre plz

Can imagine that sounding a bit like a couple of the tracks from Thomas Koner's Motus album

• Like 3

I'm pretty much happy with whatever they do. While I would always love new output from them, I've realized I'd be happy whenever they decided to call it over because that likely means they're satisfied.

To put a phrase I learned from their AMA, "I cane it."

• 4 weeks later...