watmmisdead

ive been listening to a ungodly amount of Peter gabriel

ill post some of my highlights here:

this hits in so many ways. brilliant

Kate bush, that bassline, enuff said:

and i think arguably, this is one of the best popular music ever created:

Edited by watmmisdead
  • Like 2

My dad had (and possibly still does have) a DVD that had a load of Peter Gabriel music videos on it and I remember sticking it on all the time as a kid and watching them all in amazement as well as loving the music.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 1:02 PM, milkface said:

My dad had (and possibly still does have) a DVD that had a load of Peter Gabriel music videos on it and I remember sticking it on all the time as a kid and watching them all in amazement as well as loving the music.

same

and rediscovering it in my adulthood is really fun

• Like 1

I really get mildly emotional when I watch the sledgehammer video. It’s just such a great tune and you see the work it took and you’re amazed and it takes you back to being a 5 year old watching mtv seeing it. ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Games Without Frontiers and Solsbury Hill are two of my favourite pop tunes of all time (I also like Steam and especially Digging In The Dirt). Such classic songs. Not much into his album tracks though.

I know he’s got a new album coming out because twoism frequently mention it and the time span since last release is 20 years! Which may make their blood run ice cold. I wonder if there is a new album speculation thread on a Peter Gabriel forum that’s two decades old! ? 

Edited by beerwolf