IGNORED

What would you do if you won the lottery?

J3FF3R00

On 8/24/2023 at 9:43 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

@hoggy

Definitely NOT a threat on anyone’s life. 
I have been here a long time and heard “watch the ride prik face” many times and have honestly not really understood what it really means. 
All I know is that I love old school jungle about as much as I love aphex twin (if not more) and “watch the ride” happens to be one of the most common phrases used by the OG jungle MCs when the beats are tasty and I only really associate it with that kind of thing. 
Sorry to be confusing ❤️

I can't find the original source for the prik face but I remember it being a screenshot of some junglist teenager who'd posted his picture to a forum or some early social media thing or whatever. In response to getting mocked, he uttered a few classics such as: "dese manz hatin", "ain't nuffin wrong wit ma do rag" (sp?), and finally "watch the ride, prik face".

• Like 2

On 8/25/2023 at 12:09 PM, hoggy said:

Seems quite performative, but still probably not very mentally well (I realise the hedgehog is someone taking the piss)

It's hard to tell with a teenager at the peak of hipsterism in 2008. Like someone commented in another retrospective, it looks more like he used a spatula than a sharp edge. I am actually not sure but I suppose no teenager with an exhibitionist artistic compulsion is really sane. Here's to the kid growing out of whatever phase that was. 

Reading "deze mans hating" today is like unearthing an ancient spell. 

Edited by chim

1 hour ago, chim said:

It's hard to tell with a teenager at the peak of hipsterism in 2008. Like someone commented in another retrospective, it looks more like he used a spatula than a sharp edge. I am actually not sure but I suppose no teenager with an exhibitionist artistic compulsion is really sane. Here's to the kid growing out of whatever phase that was. 

Reading "deze mans hating" today is like unearthing an ancient spell. 

I dunno to me they look like healed razor cuts - I had a friend that did them like that

The boundary between subculture behaviour and mental health issues is probably a bit blurry - I can say that as a goth and a watmmer