IGNORED

Using Max MSP in Bitwig

o00o

Hell yeah another bitwig user. There are a small handful of us out there. I think RNBO has some compatibility with exporting stuff from max to VST plugins, that might be another avenue to take. https://cycling74.com/products/rnbo

Also theres... the grid, but I'm guessing you don't like the grid for what you want to achieve otherwise you wouldn't have asked.

29 minutes ago, o00o said:

Thanks I will give it a shot even so it looks more complicated than I expected 

you can probably get virtual midi ports to show up in max/bitwig but i've never tried. might need blackhole also for routing audio. 

what you trying to do with bitwig/max?  max is pretty great all by itself. so is bitwig w/the grid. 

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

you can probably get virtual midi ports to show up in max/bitwig but i've never tried. might need blackhole also for routing audio. 

what you trying to do with bitwig/max?  max is pretty great all by itself. so is bitwig w/the grid. 

i was inclined to say the same thing. as someone who wasted a lot of time trying to sync max with logic pro using rewire/midi sync etc, i’d recommend going all in one one environment. i did a lot better when i did everything in max and then just recorded the output in logic using some kind of multichannel inter app audio driver like blackhole or previously soundflower. these days i’m using uaudio virtual channels but it’s all the same idea

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 10:51 PM, ignatius said:

I want to use some of these prebuilts in my setup as a drum machine and build myself some machines based on the learnings 

https://www.patreon.com/nouserid

On 9/4/2023 at 10:54 PM, exitonly said:

i was inclined to say the same thing. as someone who wasted a lot of time trying to sync max with logic pro using rewire/midi sync etc, i’d recommend going all in one one environment. i did a lot better when i did everything in max and then just recorded the output in logic using some kind of multichannel inter app audio driver like blackhole or previously soundflower. these days i’m using uaudio virtual channels but it’s all the same idea

Yeah true