IGNORED

Hello Spiral Ephemera

Hello,

I looked for my old thread but it apparently got archived and I can't bump it no mo.

here is my most recent bandcamp 'trilogy'

Also very recently I have been moving into non-computer music territory

I have an improvised guitar based album on Chocolate Monk that can be found here:

http://chocolatemonk.co.uk/available.html

and have been exploring that further with some things I've been doing while under house arrest

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

“Arsenal to Wimbledon” on your Balked release is annoyingly sublime. The blend of tube acoustics, with a motorised guitar strum or drone over & underlaying ambient background conversations, is mint. Need this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2024 at 2:25 PM, cwmbrancity said:

“Arsenal to Wimbledon” on your Balked release is annoyingly sublime. The blend of tube acoustics, with a motorised guitar strum or drone over & underlaying ambient background conversations, is mint. Need this.

Thanks m8. Yeah that is currently my favourite of my own releases. At this point considering it the best thing I have done. DM to remind me and I will see if I've got some spare BC codes btw

• Like 1

I owe you a purchase 😉 more than happy to pay man, could go anywhere in a mix. 

You consistently pull the most fully realised ideas into more coherently focused <worlds> than 99% of the rest of the Afx clones combined. Sounds which are paradoxical, sounds you couldn’t imagine until exposure listening but with tiny hints of familiarity, the Hafler Trio here-ish, which remains rare.

Also, finding the edges or limits of an idea so the Tube soundtrack & guitar strings rotator device juxtapose when combined yet they work perfectly together, not outcompeting in the mix, not on these speakers anyway.

Two guitar pieces have really shone recently, this & more traditional Crane Dance by @Leon Sumbitches/Tanizaki’s short 2024 mix, if I have the info correct. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is the most recent 'trilogy' btw

There will be physical copies at some point, mainly to sell at a gig I will be playing in Leeds in June

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The guy in my local area that organises all the artsy basement venue gigs near me came over on Sunday to drop off a mixer he said he'd loan me for the gig I am playing up north in June.

And we had a little jam too 

Hey Spiral, real nice work! Almost like of Alvo Noto / Sakamoto or Panasonic decided to a more pure field recording release. :) soothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I mentioned it somewhere else on the forum but not here that I had an album of a selection of my youtube material put out by falsch in Marsh. The label originally set up by Florian Hecker and Oswald Berthold (I think it's just run by Berthold now)

Day before yesterday I did a dry run of what I think my live set will resemble, which is next week

Edited by hello spiral
vid didn't embed the first time