IGNORED

Trans Canada Highway

Fredd-E

for the sake of convenience, i'll just put the image here so we don't have to click the sodding link :rolleyes:

whatever floats your boat.. i just linked to the source because i'd like to credit the one who mentioned it.

I actually like the font on the Dodge manual better!

I always suspected that the TCH EP cover came from somewhere else... but I thought it was a Canadian Highway Guide - who would have thought it was for an American car!

Guest Ron Manager
lol, guys the whole deal with boc is recycling old things into new and borrowing from tv/radio/innernets. its what they do.

isn't anything to mhtrtc was pretty bad, but this is far more blatant.

Boards of Canada are supposed to be nature-friendly and they use a Dodge Trucks instruction book for their EP front cover.

Guest Yggdrasil

omg boc clearly drove around in a model 500 dodge truck when they were youngins in canada omg, blah, blah, etc, i think i'll go buy one and add it to my studio omg omg, blah yatta yatta blah, etc.

Guest snakes on a motherfucking plane

obviously juan atkins ripped it off too by calling himself Model 500

omg boc clearly drove around in a model 500 dodge truck when they were youngins in canada omg, blah, blah, etc, i think i'll go buy one and add it to my studio omg omg, blah yatta yatta blah, etc.

lol

I'm too lazy to look further in the forums, but there's that one picture in the Headphase inlay, with the kid on the 80s computer...they took it from some old yearbook. This is quite an interesting find either way. :boc:

Guest Moebius
I'm too lazy to look further in the forums, but there's that one picture in the Headphase inlay, with the kid on the 80s computer...they took it from some old yearbook. This is quite an interesting find either way. :boc:

post-286-1147624067_thumb.jpg

From this thread. Original image from some 1970s Illinois Insitute of Technology yearbook.

(Easy for me to find since I uploaded the comparison photo)

Edit: For some reason the attachment isn't showing up in the post, even though it does on preview. Anyway, direct link to comparison image.

post-286-1147624067_thumb.jpg

From this thread. Original image from some 1970s Illinois Insitute of Technology yearbook.

(Easy for me to find since I uploaded the comparison photo)

Edit: For some reason the attachment isn't showing up in the post, even though it does on preview. Anyway, direct link to comparison image.

This is something to add on my pages.. like I also recently added the TCH artwork thingy: here

Guest Doc at the Radar Station

How in the hell do people discover the original images in the first place? Unless they have a 1970's Dodge truck in the garage. It would be interesting to know if whoever discovered this was actively looking for the original image or if they just stumbled upon it, and how.

I am also very intrigued as to where the front cover image from The Campfire Headphase originates.

The same way most people discover things... dumb luck, and having seen something before. For instance, I heard the Energy Warning sample as a PSA (public service announcement) on a website when I was looking for 1970's PBS video and audio clips about a year before Geogaddi came out. Then, when Geogaddi did come out, I remembered I had heard something similar, dug up the old URL (which for the life of me escapes me at the moment), and made the connection - it's totally possible that BoC got the sample from the same website, as it's about the same quality (it was a low-quality .au sound file), and they did little to it - clipped some of the dialogue and put in that helicopter-like warble and synth line in the background. I've attached an MP3 I made of the .au file.

The Campfire Headphase cover is most likely a family photo, similar to the one Mike and Marcus used for Music Has The Right To Children's cover. Then again, it could be another 'found image' like the yearbook photo that Mike and Marcus repurposed for the album cover, or a contemporary image they took and modified it in Photoshop.

psa4h.mp3

exactly I totally remembered the "I LUV U" little sketch from Sesame Street.

I really love the fact that it's a frigin truck manual. I mean it's great, I can really see them living in rural Canada and finding that book inside a good ol' dudge pickup.

Old pickups are _sooooo_ electronic music

Guest BunnyRabbit
Boards of Canada are supposed to be nature-friendly and they use a Dodge Trucks instruction book for their EP front cover.

And they let their music be used on car adverts and they drive cars and called one of their tracks 84 Pontaic Dream after a car and the EP was called Trans Canada Highway which is a road for motor vehicles and they said the TCH album was like a road movie and if I hadn't lost my copy of The Face with the interview in I could quote you exactly, but I reckon there's something about kinda liking cars in there.

Yeah?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Captain Cooper

And they let their music be used on car adverts and they drive cars and called one of their tracks 84 Pontaic Dream after a car and the EP was called Trans Canada Highway which is a road for motor vehicles and they said the TCH album was like a road movie and if I hadn't lost my copy of The Face with the interview in I could quote you exactly, but I reckon there's something about kinda liking cars in there.

Yeah?

Yeah, that's right! LOL

Archived