IGNORED

HELLO EVERYTHING is so HYPER-Anti-De-Meta-Trans-REActual-SPANTACTULARLLY GOOD! You UTTER AND COMPLETE NOOBS

cephoe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys all have few posts. Collaborators?

Hehe, yup. Its the new movement. Time to overthrow the grip that the muti-posters have had on this forum for far too long, viva la revolution!!!

Could be just a coinic i dinc though.......

Collab sounds fun, anyone else make tunes here?

• 2 months later...

i find Ultravisitor is better than Hello Everything bcause Ultravisitor is hard, more noise & make me 2 dance... Hello Everything is so calm... sometimes when i'm listening i sleep with... just Hello Meow, Cronecker King, Welcome To Europe & The Moderne Bass Guitar r great... the rest r good but really... sleepy-sleepy!!!

so good...NRRGGANAAAAA....you all need to banished from this place for saying otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with that said, who's the n00b?

while i am far from biting my supar electronic music thumb at the album, come the fuck on there's at least two tracks i can think of (hello meow, welcome to europe) that are essentially the same exact formula as "theme to ernest borgnine" off of feedmeweirdthings, which is 1995-96 in terms of when it was actually made i think, just that these new tracks have evidence of nearly a decade of honing in on the craft of making a synthy-emo track. the only song that really has any aspirations beyond being a background music headnodder, the modern bass guitar, is kind of like just not having the masterstroke of divinity.

so call the people who don't like the new LP as much as others "n00bs" if that gets you to sleep at night, but know that i reckon a good % of vintage oldschool/mentality people are a bit disappointed that our favourite unstable tormented genius type soundmasher has popped some prozac and made music that you can listen to within 20 yards of cheerleaders without being sexually dismissed out of principle. i reckon that the n00bs, unless they're in a very opencompensationally mindset where they want damn near venetian snares levels of smashing randomness just to kind of bite that thumb at the standards of conventional music, are who this LP was made for... so by claiming otherwise, you're exposing yourself to be more than just an anti-lucid messageboard twit, but that of someone who has no fundamental grasp of hte music that he feels so compelled to rancor about in public.

it is best album by sqaurepsher since selection 16 yes?

since selection 16? hello arbitrary. i'd take ultravisitor for the ~4 tracks on it that wail harder than anything on this LP (tetrasync, obviously, menelec and track #9 come to mind, along with the selftitled/single)

come on its obvious tom lost it, too much dope or beer ooh and selfindulgeance?...

but you still may like it all you want.

its just not good.

mlon

selfindulgaeance??? (sic)

have you heard Ultravisitor

Hello Everything is the most un "selfindulgeant" record Tom has ever released

if you accused it of being lightweight / watered down / even boring - i could understand

though i wouldn't agree because it is FUN to listen to

unlike ultravisitor

where they want damn near venetian snares levels of smashing randomness just to kind of bite that thumb at the standards of conventional music

I actually agree with pretty much everything else you said in this post, but Venetian Snares still shits all over Squarepusher.

i always loved squarepusher music but i cannot stand his latest lp, for someone like me who listens to his tunes since hard normal daddy, this record is like Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before indeed i think i've heard all these tunes before & i think he's ripping his own tracks. this record makes me think of an old dirty review "its brillant & original" ...sadly the brillant bits are not original (is it a beep street cover?) & the original bits are not brillant at all.

in fact i didnt listened to the whole record yet. i once heard someone really important in the music world (the ircam boss) said that you should not judge any music before listening again so i might change my mind. i might be wrong, maybe it will grow on me but for the moment i dont like it at all...

Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before

Ahh, I was trying to put my finger on that one actually. That's exactly what I would say it's saying as well.

Let me explain a bit...basically i like the heck out of tracks this album....i really really really really really really really like them...i don't particularly want to intellectualize whether or not this the best SP album....that's the difference...I feel like I'm the only person who really appreciates this music to a full, reified, hyper-fantastical extent!

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
Let me explain a bit...basically i like the heck out of tracks this album....i really really really really really really really like them...i don't particularly want to intellectualize whether or not this the best SP album....that's the difference...I feel like I'm the only person who really appreciates this music to a full, reified, hyper-fantastical extent!

yes, i think this is it. it's a listenin' album, not a revolutionizin' album.

i'm changin my mind about this album, maybe after ultravisitor/venus17ep i was expecting too much from squarepusher, this album is really nice, some pretty good tracks on it (the last one is stunning!). still, a bit of déja vu here & then but, this lp is growing on me.

hello meow, planetarium, rotate electrolyte, welcome to europe, plotinus and the modern bass guitar

every single one of this is an absolute gem in squarepushers catalogue.

what kicks me most are the gorgeous melodies and key modulations in planetarium and rotate electrolyte

and i think this lp IS revolutionary because i cant think of another lp with this particular sound, that is catchy and minimal but also shows a stunning amount of musical skill. its like the 21th century blueprint for electronic pop music.

It'll go down as probably one of my favourites I've concluded but it's no way living up to hard normal daddy or anything like that. Pretty damn sweet though, I'm not disapointed with his latest release. Totally wrecked it though went through quite a bit of depression when it got leaked and I was listning, probably remind me of shitty times forever... bah.

Guest ThE99THReDBallooN
It'll go down as probably one of my favourites I've concluded but it's no way living up to hard normal daddy or anything like that. Pretty damn sweet though, I'm not disapointed with his latest release. Totally wrecked it though went through quite a bit of depression when it got leaked and I was listning, probably remind me of shitty times forever... bah.

ah that proper sucks

Archived