IGNORED

strangest (or greatest) midi controller

Guest version2006

Guest oxiactionmax

I would, if i had it. This is fucking genius does it say if the note widths are the same as a standard piano??

Guest blicero

i don't think there are widths... that's the point.

microtonal

i'd rather get a doepfer ribbon controller for much cheaper.

Guest oxiactionmax

obviously, perhaps i could have phrased it better, i was wondering if an octave spanned the same as it would on piano keys because once your hand is used to certain distances it can be difficult and destructive to suddenly change it.

ive tried one of those things, absolutely amazing

how easy/hard would it be to use a theremin as a midi controller? cos i love theremins.

ive been trying to remember the name of the guy who plays the laser organ for a while, with a complicated combination of like 88 theremins, hes a legend.

Guest blicero
how easy/hard would it be to use a theremin as a midi controller? cos i love theremins.

it's been done many times using max/msp.

Guest Captain Cooper

My mate's got this really cheesy plasticy midi drum box and I've had this recurring fantasy about gutting it and using it to make a set of midi windchimes. You could call it "art".

I've got one of these:

flatten.jpg

'thummer'

Well, I'm testing a prototype.

It's freakin' excellent! The velocity sensitivity is awesome and it is actually really easy to play once you spend a couple of hours learning the weird note layout. The only letdown is on the software side, but that's still in development so it can be excused. Oh, and it's usb only at the moment, which is a little annoying.

But yeah, the x-y controllers are also really great!

hah, I thought about that too tauboo, they look exactly like them

anyway, in all honesty, i can't quite figure out the point of these weird midimachines.. what's so bad about regular keys?

Yes, they are playstation-style analog sticks.. One of them returns automatically to the centre (best assigned to pitchbend and modulation) and the other one stays where you move it.

It is incredibly awesome to play, it also constantly outputs pressure information for each key, so you can really do some expressive stuff with it.

Archived