IGNORED

Geometry

Braintree

I've been trying to go at song writing in a different process than usual lately, and this has turned out more melodically intense than beat-heavy, like my usual stuff.

Enjoy.

William_S._Braintree___Geometry.mp3

my initial response was "aaaaarrrrrggg the hissing white noise is stabbing me in the ear!" but once the melodies kicked in i got well into it. lush as fuck!

• 3 weeks later...

I love the big beats that hit after what seemed like about a minute. The melodies are a lot of fun, maybe a bit on the loud side. The mix gets quite squashed when there's lots going on. Of course you may have been going for that pumped-compression effect, just struck me as a bit odd. Lots of very cool beat-stuff going on throughout the track. Sounds good when the bass supports the other melodies. I like the triad progressions that the track ends on.

Parts of it I really liked, where the melody spirals on delay around 1.30, but im really not that fond of those dry as fuck sine bass things 8 bit sounding motherfuckers, developed nicely though towards the end with creepy AFX goth noire flourishes of adams family values

Archived