IGNORED

Short but sweet glitch-hop ear-candy

Zephyr_Nova

I started this one last night after checking out that possessed tabla drum machine vid linked to in general banter. I just loved the sound of the guy's cheap mic combined with the tabla tones and had to do something with it.

I made most of the melodies from one-shots of the tabla, made pads out of my girlfriend's voice, and made love to my moniter all day. I think it was worth it.

Lots of snazzy drum work too, if that's your thing.

Enjoy! :santa:

Also, for those of you interested:

The Zephyr Nova album should by out late Novemberish on Metric Style Records, and is currently in the process of being mastered professionally (in addition to what mastering I've already done myself). It will be accompanied by a bonus disc as well (at least for the first hundred copies), probably 6 to 8 tracks on that. This may be one of them, or it may find its way onto the next album... or not find its way at all! :undecided:

Anyone on myspace who wants a heads up when we start taking orders, add me to your friends: www.myspace.com/zephyrnova

Guest Jac Y Jymper

:laughing:

lovley track/beats/sounds

wanted it to be longer, guess I'll have to buy the cd!! infact look forward to it very much

Okay okay I'll expand on it! :laughing: And thanks again, really appreciate the feeback. I've got several new tracks on the go, sort of heading in a certain direction different from a lot of what will be on the upcoming album. I'll get back to this one after I'm done a couple of those.

I've been trying to abstain from posting new stuff I'm working on, since it's not even going to be on the upcoming CD, but it's tough! Anytime I make something new I just want to share it with others, especially when doing so ends up compelling me to elaborate further on the ideas. You guys kick ass.

This track is amazing! Everything about it is just superb! Don't change the lenght, I never liked when something was pushed to make it longer. 10/10! Will buy the album if I'll have money.

That's a good point too. I tend to like really streamlined tracks with no extra fat as well, which is part of what appeals to me about this as it is. Plus tracks like this sometimes leave people wanting more if just heard on its own, but in the context of the album it could be really effective. Track ends and then BAM next track kicks it up a notch. Or it could lead into a track that embellishes upon the theme, like a "part II". I've always been a fan of tracks that work in conjunction with one another, and with the next ZN album I really want to focus on that. So what I do with this remains really open ended. Right now I'm in the middle of the craziest drill 'n' bass track i've ever done, except it starts off kind of ambient, moves into electronic music territory, and gradually gets to the insanity which I'm currently immersed in... I just woke up so this is what's on my mind. Please excuse the personal tangent. :arrr:

:grin:

aim?

I don't really use any chat programs, but i've got gmail which has a chat built in, and I check it pretty frequently. The address is somainertia@gmail.com

Thanks ieafs! Those compressed tabla hits are what inspired the track in the first place. I used them because I thought they sounded fantastic through my headphones. It's pretty much the fastest any decent track of mine has come together, which one exception. Usually I spend a full week on anything worth keeping.

Thanks! Whether the ending works or not really depends on what comes after it on an album. If in the end I decide I want to include the track, i may expand on it or work the next track into it somehow.

Archived