unknown tunes set afx @ henrywood

Here's that tune he played

yeah i already knew that tune i have the full list on the discogs thread

its really wicked but this isnt jungle techno its called hardcore-breakbeat

Oh sorry, having been a jungle techno DJ for 15 years I thought I knew what music I was playing but I guess you know best

;)

Oh sorry, having been a jungle techno DJ for 15 years I thought I knew what music I was playing but I guess you know best

;)

Or you've been wrong for 15 years.

Guest jacderida
that's definitely made by aphex himself

fuck, that's a nice track. same bass line as "do for love" by tupac shakur

What track are you referring to? The mp3 that was posted clearly isn't by Aphex.

Oh, and arguing over what does and doesn't belong in a genre is the scourge of music discussion, don't do it :).

What track are you referring to? The mp3 that was posted clearly isn't by Aphex.

Oh, and arguing over what does and doesn't belong in a genre is the scourge of music discussion, don't do it :).

why is it clearly not by aphex in your opinion?

it's got the typical aphex signs for me, his type of distortion, acid basslines, breakbeat, synth pads.. the tape distortion in particular is a dead giveaway.

why is it clearly not by aphex in your opinion?

it's got the typical aphex signs for me, his type of distortion, acid basslines, breakbeat, synth pads.. the tape distortion in particular is a dead giveaway.

for real? do you actually listen to the music?

are you fucking serious?

what is it about it that's specifically not aphex. let's see what is aphex, typical acid basslines, check, sound of the mix and distortion, check, the beat programming, check, and most of all, the synth comps that comes in later is obvious aphex.

and no, i'm swedish. is that supposed to be some sort of insult

the beat programming? there isn't any beat programming there.

aphex acid basslines are anything but typical.

the closest thing this sounds like is Caustic Window, but even that is miles different. Please go listen to this and then listen to say didgeridoo or something off the Caustic Window lps..

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i haven't even listened to the clip, so i have no opinion on this debate.

but, i will say that, while i would be _very_ hard pressed to define typical squarepusher or afx, you could give one mystery track from each and i'd probably be able to correctly pick who did which. unless they were trying to be deliberately confounding, then i wouldn't have a snowflake's chance in hell.

i can't be arsed to debate this further. i'm going to believe it's aphex until there's proof of someone else

it sounds like early aphex stuff, or analordish stuff in a different take

the set is from 2003, i.e post drukqs but pre analord

i didn't mean typical bass lines but typical aphex bass lines.. it's even in an aphex scale, variation of a# phrygian or aeolian

i can't be arsed to debate this further. i'm going to believe it's aphex until there's proof of someone else

it sounds like early aphex stuff, or analordish stuff in a different take

the set is from 2003, i.e post drukqs but pre analord

i didn't mean typical bass lines but typical aphex bass lines.. it's even in an aphex scale, variation of a# phrygian or aeolian

i cant believe i'm reading this

are you trying to get into the funny quotes thread or something?

Guest jacderida
i listened to the track and it's not the same, which is why it's surprising that it is the filename

It's not the same as what?

About 6 months ago I had somebody who owns the record ID this tune for me.

Guest sqruwezey

;)

yes indeed

manix - manic minds EP(remixes)

and here is described what hardcore breakbeat because jungle techno is obviously nothing

breakbeat hardcore wikipedia

;)

yes indeed

manix - manic minds EP(remixes)

and here is described what hardcore breakbeat because jungle techno is obviously nothing

breakbeat hardcore wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Techno

Jungle vs. drum and bass

Main article: History of jungle and drum and bass music

Nowadays the difference between jungle (or oldschool jungle) and drum and bass is a common debate within the "junglist" community. There is no universally accepted semantic distinction between the terms "jungle" and "drum and bass". Some associate "jungle" with older material from the first half of the 1990s (sometimes referred to as "jungle techno"), and see drum and bass as essentially succeeding jungle. Others use jungle as a shorthand for ragga jungle, a specific sub-genre within the broader realm of drum and bass. In the U.S., the combined term "jungle drum and bass" (JDB) has some popularity, but is not widespread elsewhere. Probably the widest held viewpoint is that the terms are simply synonymous and interchangeable: drum and bass is jungle, and jungle is drum and bass.

whoever made that comment about it sounding the same as any other hardcore song from 92-93 was right. To identify this as aphex is something of a stretch, its like picking out a totally random ragga jungle song from the same era and saying "AFX!!"

Archived