IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest aquinas

i find that the original mix of snoop dogg millionaire, while pretty bangin, is a little too busy. that chase & status beat (eastern jam) sort of has too much going on in it to be appropriate for an mc to rap over it. i love eastern jam as an instrumental dubstep tune, and you can tell immediately that it was meant to be an instrumental track. that's why i like the plastician remix better... more space in the beat for snoop's voice

anyway, i've been making some dubstep tunes lately. one thing i'm really excited about is a collab between me and PINCH that is in the works which should be done soon! there's also a couple tracks on my myspace, including a rework of the pinch track "qawwali" with live harmonium & vox.

Edited by aquinas

what what what?!?

didn't think you had it in you man....

from avant-garde piano to dubstep....

nice!

are you guys actually still talking about dubstep?

really?

Guest aquinas

so did i not get a memo that genres aren't allowed to survive for more than 3 years in the 21st century?

Guest Grizz

Aside from the new Martyn album and occasional local nights here I'm pretty bored with it. Hoping Benga's album isn't gonna be much longer

Been listening to Joker's Purple Wow mix and it has opened me up to a whole new bunch of stuff. Purple City comes out this week and it's a killer. G-Funk synths ftw.

A big fat hurrah for Purple City. It's wicked. Went through a phase of big fuck off bangers, now massively gone into the wonk and stuff like this. Will be recieving my copy Monday ;)

are you guys actually still talking about dubstep?

really?

really....

you still talkin' about Slayer?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrcopyandpaste

Yet more wobbling sine-wave ropes spew forth from the mighty throbbing bass-penis of DJ Pokey! Recoil in anger and disgust as it fills your ears!

ITS HERE YOU CUNTZ

Edited by mrcopyandpaste

I really dig the Jamie Vex'd ep, far from dubstep sounding. Don't get me wrong I like dubstep, and plan on downloading Atop's sets, but the Jamie Vex'd stuff is taking an interesting path.

sounds a little bit too much like flying lotus for my tastes, i preferred his dubstep shit

i think i'm done with slow tempo wobble core dubstep, it sounds so cliched to me now. Im getting really into the more up tempo stuff like Falty DL martyn and still loving the shit out of 2562

Edited by Awepittance

Guest abusivegeorge
Yet more wobbling sine-wave ropes spew forth from the mighty throbbing bass-penis of DJ Pokey! Recoil in anger and disgust as it fills your ears!

ITS HERE YOU CUNTZ

Top fucking notch son A+ stuff YET again.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i was drunk at a party the other week and this guy was tellign me all about hiphop. west, east, south etc. i decided that dubstep was what happened when the uk digested hiphop and spat it back out. i said i would email him some artists/tunes that showed this. well thinking about it now i can see my logic but its flawed. totally ignores the dub aspect of the music. i'm sure there is some hiphop sounding dubstep however.

so help me out what should i recommend this guy that helps prove my point. i see some snoop dog stuff up there might work. not sure i want vocal stuff though, but maybe that is best. any ideas.

i must have been drunk as i mentioned scott walker which i always seem to when drunk. gah

Guest Al Hounos

it's not really straight dubstep, but anyway it's still surprising that one of WATMM's own YLC contributors hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet.

wagawaga - mrepsican

it's a free album, and the whole thing is great, but standouts include tracks 1, 5, 8, 9 & 10. it's pretty old now but in my defense i didn't really get into it until i got some good headphones.

i was drunk at a party the other week and this guy was tellign me all about hiphop. west, east, south etc. i decided that dubstep was what happened when the uk digested hiphop and spat it back out. i said i would email him some artists/tunes that showed this. well thinking about it now i can see my logic but its flawed. totally ignores the dub aspect of the music. i'm sure there is some hiphop sounding dubstep however.

so help me out what should i recommend this guy that helps prove my point. i see some snoop dog stuff up there might work. not sure i want vocal stuff though, but maybe that is best. any ideas.

i must have been drunk as i mentioned scott walker which i always seem to when drunk. gah

Joker

Rustie

Matty G

Loefah

Skreamizm vol 1-5

Dusk & Blackdown