IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

i think i might put a out a 'dubstep that isn't shite' compilation on my label. looking for unsigned stuff at the moment

You really should not name the compilation that man....

just because you haven't gotten into the good dubstep, doesn't mean it isn't out there and you know that because you have released some great stuff on your label and you have enjoyed some artists I have mentioned....

no dubstep head would buy this simply on principle

i think i might put a out a 'dubstep that isn't shite' compilation on my label. looking for unsigned stuff at the moment

You really should not name the compilation that man....

just because you haven't gotten into the good dubstep, doesn't mean it isn't out there and you know that because you have released some great stuff on your label and you have enjoyed some artists I have mentioned....

Various Artists - "No Dubstep Head Would Buy This Simply On Principle: Dubstep That Isn't Shite"

when you say this do you mean the entire genre of dubstep?

yes. if youve heard one dubstep song youve heard them all. it is all that stupid weak little beat with a WUBBA WUBBA WUBBA over top, and maybe some black dude talking. what is so good about that? nothing. its fuckin retarded. why do you people listen to this shit.

Edited by MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

that's kind of the point....

anybody who listens to dubstep who takes themselves too seriously should not listen to or get near this compilation.

this will be a compilation serving as a 'fuck you' to the countless dj's who think its fun to rewind a track 30 seconds in

in 1994 i would have bought a 'drum and bass that isn't shit' compilation in a heart beat

Edited by Awepittance

anybody who listens to dubstep who takes themselves too seriously should not listen to or get near this compilation.

this will be a compilation serving as a 'fuck you' to the countless dj's who think its fun to rewind a track 30 seconds in

in 1994 i would have bought a 'drum and bass that isn't shit' compilation in a heart beat

Awepittance, you're cool and everything, and obviously very knowledgable about music. But you can sound incredibly snooty and pompous sometimes.

Guest analogue wings

when you say this do you mean the entire genre of dubstep?

yes. if youve heard one dubstep song youve heard them all. it is all that stupid weak little beat with a WUBBA WUBBA WUBBA over top, and maybe some black dude talking. what is so good about that? nothing. its fuckin retarded. why do you people listen to this shit.

Download the mix I just posted and listen to the Maniac/Joker/Wiley bit about half way through.

Awepittance, you're cool and everything, and obviously very knowledgable about music. But you can sound incredibly snooty and pompous sometimes.

i should have put a wink somewhere in there, i wasn't fully serious, except for the very last part, i probably would have bought the drum and bass comp.

how can you guys possibly like this? its all the exact same..

{{clarify}}

yeah, maybe Polka, but saying all dubstep sounds the same is almost exactly like saying all hip hop sounds the same (which is more accurate since there is more hip hop/rap out there)

You obviously have never explored the genre yourself...

MM, go check out this label called Planet µ and listen to how much all of their dubstep sounds the same....

Awepittance, man oh man....your label releases so called generic dubstep! I dig it but it is the stuff people talk about when they say, "I hate dubstep." Scorn is amazing in my book but most people would not think so. Same for Kush Arora.

Anyways I am working on the missionary dj mix that will convert all of the haters....

I am a priest....

I have duties....

Awepittance, man oh man....your label releases so called generic dubstep! I dig it but it is the stuff people talk about when they say, "I hate dubstep."

it's kind of hard for me to see scorn's dubs as generic especially considering the groundwork he laid for dubstep as a genre (as you point out in the first post in this thread), but i wouldn't expect anyone to like it if they already hate dubstep. heh that's expecting a lot out of people who outright refuse to listen to an entire genre. but that aside i don't see why it's so wrong to poke fun at the genre, even if i listen to it and enjoy it. i generally think most music in any dance music genre is derivative and poorly made and that doesn't exclude dubstep. and i'm even more inclined to use my title now to see if it will really turn off dubstep people. . for as many 'dubstep heads' who would be insulted or turned off by this title, im willing to bet there is an equal amount of pompous music fans who would be intrigued by it :smile:

Edited by Awepittance

but you do identify correctly that i dont listen to enough of it to weed through the good shit, which is why i seek the recommendations of you and others in this forum. practically every single dubstep artist i am into comes from you, soapscum/nat and soothsayer. SO i could understand some irritation in me wanting to name my compilation this for laughs

Edited by Awepittance

do what you want man....I know I will listen to it

I support your endeavors but you might turn people off is all I am saying....

like Autopilot, makes great music! Saw the name of the comp and was immediately turned off. Maybe you guys know each other and have beef or summat but it kept him from wanting to be involved and that is a huge loss imo.

but like I said, I will check it if you were to do it and wouldn't hate on it simply because of the title...it is catchy

don't go spreading rumors now. Last time i heard from autopilot i was going to get to hear some new tracks, so lets say hypothetically he did say that to you, shouldn't you leave it to him to express that to me personally instead of taking/putting words in his mouth? Atop you have good music tastes and know a lot about this genre , but i think it's extremely out of character for you to try to insinuate some sort of in fight like this, or speak for another member about his music coming out on a record labels it seems like unnecessary meddling, just take it easy. If he has a problem with the compilation title let him tell me himself.

Edit: but out of respect for you starting this thread, i will take my compilation track seeking efforts elsewhere, you've given me some great things to start with though.

Edited by Awepittance

Now that this thread is more or less dead, the New York Times has finally discovered dubstep:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/arts/music/22hobbs.htm

Dubstep can often sound like the gears of an industrial thrasher groaning from overuse, or the soundtrack to the construction of a Richard Serra steel sculpture. Sometimes it’s almost gothic: it would make great interstitial music for the next “Twilight” movie.

*must be quick before dubstep gets all mainstreamy*

don't go spreading rumors now. Last time i heard from autopilot i was going to get to hear some new tracks, so lets say hypothetically he did say that to you, shouldn't you leave it to him to express that to me personally instead of taking/putting words in his mouth? Atop you have good music tastes and know a lot about this genre , but i think it's extremely out of character for you to try to insinuate some sort of in fight like this, or speak for another member about his music coming out on a record labels it seems like unnecessary meddling, just take it easy. If he has a problem with the compilation title let him tell me himself.

Edit: but out of respect for you starting this thread, i will take my compilation track seeking efforts elsewhere, you've given me some great things to start with though.

No rumour spreading from me man. Just telling you what he said. Wes wouldn't mind. He has nothing against you. Just the comp name so it's all good. If you need any other suggestions then yes, I am a good person to come to. I am not here to sabotage your efforts. He is the only one out of the bunch (the list I gave you) I talk to regularly. Well, he and FBOM. No worries man.