IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest analogue wings

Funny video Kaini....

so, AW, where did you come up with that idea or do you just think it is dead....

that's fine, I personally think it could be on its way out, ushering in the new golden era of idm but we all have our opinions...

there are four crews here in Austin, all doing pretty well on the nights they throw dubstep shows....

Kode 9 did tell me that house or bassline was bigger than dubstep ever dreamed of being in the UK, he and Martyn both spun a lot of 4/4 stuff....but they still played some killer DS tracks of their own

Pinch didn't seem to think so, but he owns Tectonic so he has to have faith in it, he and N-Type threw down some hard ass DS at the show I went to...

who knows?

but that track you put up sounds like bad Joker.... :music:

well no it sounds like fucking good joker. mixes great with joker too. actually i think maniac is "on" more than joker who does crank out the odd generic clanger from time to time

the america thing was a joke of course.

i actually think of joker and maniac as dubstep, but "officially" they are "instrumental grime" - if the average dubstep fan considers something like joker or maniac or starkey to be so far out that they have to class it as a different genre... that to me suggests that the period of fresh innovation is over and the orthodoxy (rot) is starting to set in, like with jazz, hip hop and drum n bass before it

the "funky" 4/4 revival is just the usual conservative backlash - the inevitable cycle of the guys who have no talent and are just in it for the pussy reasserting their alpha male status over the weirdoes who dared create something new, and dragging the music back into their confort zone

ive grown to hate dubstep. theres the odd tune here and there that i enjoy when it drops on a nice soundsystem, but most of it seems to be turgid, generic shite. my friends are obbsessed with caspa + rusko, skream, benga, joker, and every time i go and see it i usually spend most my time outside smoking ciggys and talking to people.

naked by shackleton is a serious tune though. although only one dj ive ever been to has seen fit to drop it, bastards. fuck off with cockney thug over and over again you horrible wankers.

Why did you post that?

you should keep your self-indulgent posts somewhere else...

especially if you "Hate" dubstep...

at least you get to hang out and meet people at the dubstep shows...what club music do you like more, tech house?

its a thread about dubstep, why wouldnt i post my opinion? and i mostly listen to minimal.

you seem to have an extremely immature reaction to anybody that doesnt share your opinion on things atop.

nah, It's just you...

My forum ethics involve me not going into threads I know I don't agree with....

I do post negative comments but not for the sake of argument...

hopefully for an intelligent discussion...

There was nothing to say about what you posted except why?

Went to WHP with Caspa, Benga, Skream etc and more and got fucked enough to enjoy it all Joker was head and shoulders above rest. Modeselektor were pretty awesome too, but then again I was out of it

there is a massive dubstep thing going on in oakland, ca tonight

http://sanfrancisco.going.com/event-669266;REACH_FOR_THE_LAZERS_-_ALL_NIGHT_UNDERGROUND?src=v_wi_sfo_89225_aa59415842#track-rsvp-view

its being held in a really ridiculous old house that used to be a bordello

Edited by Awepittance

Guest pantsonmyhead

there is a massive dubstep thing going on in oakland, ca tonight

http://sanfrancisco.going.com/event-669266;REACH_FOR_THE_LAZERS_-_ALL_NIGHT_UNDERGROUND?src=v_wi_sfo_89225_aa59415842#track-rsvp-view

its being held in a really ridiculous old house that used to be a bordello

EPROM is what's up... just swapped a bunch of dubs with him and some of the stuff he sent me is leaps and bounds beyond 99% of the shit known to me at this point

this guy along with a few others(loops haunt, slugabed etc...) are really bending the genre hard

Guest pantsonmyhead

he doesn't have a whole lot released as far as i know

supposedly a split 12" with eskmo on warp is in the works

there's a bunch of rad ish on his myspace though....evil shit and ribcracker are pretty nuts...humanoid is friggen rad as well

just fired up the Eprom 64bytes remixes, the production & edits are ridiculously high quality, some of the most surgical i've heard in this genre, the music itself feels a little cold to me but the guy has serious potential. looking forward to hearing more in the future. Definitely feeling Eskmo more, especially Hyper color. When is that split on warp coming out?

edit; im really enjoying 'loops haunt' as well, thanks for the recommendation. It's refreshing to see so many new producers focusing so much on sound design in their electronic music. I know im not the first to say this but i really genuinely feel electronic music is turning a corner for the better right now!

Edited by Awepittance

Yup, this sounds like a good one. Planet Mu is one of the few labels that still has it right. The new Ceephax and Gemmy should be ace too.

Guest pantsonmyhead

edit; im really enjoying 'loops haunt' as well, thanks for the recommendation. It's refreshing to see so many new producers focusing so much on sound design in their electronic music. I know im not the first to say this but i really genuinely feel electronic music is turning a corner for the better right now!

most definitely

i'm playing in manchester with loops and slugga in february and i consider it the dopest lineup I've ever been privvy too

eskmo is a killer...the bay area is starting to really catch it's stride in this....might no longer be the city of slept-on

Edited by pantsonmyhead

GIT HER DONE MAN!

Lots of good music out of the Bay Area imo: Roommate, Antiserum, Matty G, Djunya, Babylon System, Quest, Juju.....

who else should I know about?