IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

i haven't been to a club in almost a year, so i really wouldnt know what you scallywags are doing in there.

so essentially you haven't been to any large(er) electronic shows in over a year? a better question would be what the hell are you doing on this forum? do you just enjoy electronic music from the comfort of the internet?

WHOA

BACK THE FUCK UP.

i lived in buttfuck nowhere with extremely limited electronic music access until i found this forum. so fucking rights i was on here to enjoy electronic music from the comfort of the internet because talking to backassward hicks about electronic music isn't very fruitful. suck a cock. i'm not driving thousands of km's so i'm not 'just enjoy[ing] electronic music from the comfort of the internet"/

i was waiting for him to answer me, but thanks for taking his place

judging by that video up there dupstep shows are pretty shit. bunch of self conscious geeks who don't want to dance listening to crappy music.

and i live in a city and don't go to shows. they just don't really happen on this part of the east coast.

that is a terrible video to judge what a dubstep show is like. but if you never go to one , youmay never know !

Guest Cosmic Jet Robot
Dubstep is pretty bad, I mean I found some good stuff, but overall, errrreuuughhh...... (Just my opinion!)

You could say this about most genres though couldn't you really? There's a lot of gold and a lot of shite.

I think you could really apply this to anything

Yeah... it just seems more so with dub step because someone thinks that wanking the bass and putting a 1/16th modulation on the amp or cutoff will sound cool over and over and over again.

Yeah... it just seems more so with dub step because someone thinks that wanking the bass and putting a 1/16th modulation on the amp or cutoff will sound cool over and over and over again.

breakcore: someone thinks that wanking a poorly made amen breakcutup will sound cool through distortion over and over again.

electronic music: someone thinks that wanking a hard glitchy beat with floaty ambient melodies on top will sound cool over and over and over again.

drum and bass: someone thinks that wanking the same gnarly distorted bass stab over a repeating amen break pattern will sound cool over and over and over again.

acid techno : someone thinks that wanking the 303 and having no progression in the song besides a sweeping cutoff will sound cool over and over and over again.

gabber: someone thinks that wanking a 909 4 on the floor bass drum through distortion at 200bpm will sound cool over and over and over again.

Edited by Ghostbusters III

Guest boo

what do people here think of the other uk-garage variation that seems to be called bassline?

edit: lol?

Edited by tauboo

hmmmmm? I don't what that is Ali......

but I do have a new dubstep set up at http://zebox.com/atop/

Changing the Face mix

Darqwan - Last of Nine

Matty G - Amen

Dusk and Blackdown - Northside Cheng Dub

Pinch- Gangstaz Instrumental

TRG - Time

Tes La Rok - Hot Jam

Elemental - Blob

Benga - Music Box

Ikonika - Simulcrum

Skream - 2-D

H O D - Impervious

Quarta330 - Sunset Dub

what do people here think of the other uk-garage variation that seems to be called bassline?

edit: lol?

i've actually recently started investigating it (and started to clean up the wiki article, which was horribe)

i like the basslines lol

atop: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bassline_house

got that latest rinse mix (last one was by skream, this one by a character called 'supa d', sine o the times lol)

not bad stuff, but i have yet to listen to a whole mix. i find the relentless 4/4 a bit tiring. i never liked much house, so i dunno. it's ok i guess. they do seem to like stabbing each other though

this track is killer. bit of a mystikz feel, but with this mad techy synth.

babylon system - loaded

Edited by kaini

Guest grinningcat

bassline house - i have a guilty pleasure - 'what we gonna do' by h20

totally reminds me of being back at school and the video is great too!

Guest soundhdack

How is it that people get fired up and argue about a genre? "Dubstep" is not anything specific. It just sounds specific because of the stupid naturalist-Darwinian classification systems that western society applies to everything. Arguing over a genre is stupid. At best it's ignorant. Imagine having an argument about fish.

Edited by soundhdack

Guest Jimbob
How is it that people get fired up and argue about a genre? "Dubstep" is not anything specific. It just sounds specific because of the stupid naturalist-Darwinian classification systems that western society applies to everything. Arguing over a genre is stupid. At best it's ignorant. Imagine having an argument about fish.

I think that's debatable...

i really wanna hear the trashed, 'like someone disassembling a machine gun' burial album

i reckon it was probably tracker based, like unite from the box of dub compilation

this is probably also tracker based - a lesser known burial track; versus, from the MAH 'dubstep wars' comp (a lot of which is actually dub technoey or grime, lol)

Hey you lucky so-and-so's, have I got a present for you, just in time for the weekend.

Two dope mixes by a couple of my favorite producers at the moment, 2562 and Headhunter. Almost all exclusive material and a lot of the dubtep-techno hybrid stuff which is gaining momentum at the moment. Enjoy!

2562 - Electronic Explorations Set

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hre1dsg1zwy

01 - Pinch - Emo [Dub]

02 - 2562 - Moog Dub [Tectonic]

03 - 2562 - resistance dub [dub]

04 - Martin Buttrich - Well Done (Headhunter Mix) [Four Twenty]

05 - Headhunter - Grounded [Dub]

06 - SMD - I Believe (Pinch Remix) [White]

07 - Peverelist - On & On [Dub]

08 - 2562 - Enforcers [Tectonic]

09 - s.u.a.d. - Epileptic (Martyn Remix) [Dub]

10 - 2562 - Techno Dread [Tectonic]

11 - TRG - 2084 [Dub]

12 - Shed - Masque (A Made Up Sound refix) [soloaction]

Headunter - Mary Anne Hobbs Set

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m2rd9e2crin

Headhunter – ‘Lifeform’ (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Monochain’ (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Chemosphere Remix’ (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Grounded’ (Dubplate)

Martyn – ‘Vancouver’ (Apple Pips)

Headhunter – ‘Paradigm Shift’ (Dubplate)

Komonazmuk – ‘Bad Apple’ (Hench)

Headhunter – ‘Mint 500’ (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Your Say’ (Dubplate)

Shut Up And Dance – ‘Epileptic’ - Martyn's no strobe mix (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Royal Flush’ (Dubplate)

2562 – ‘Resistance Dub’ (Tectonic)

Headhunter – ‘Prototype’ (Dubplate)

Tes La Rok – ‘Samurai Code’ (Dubplate)

Headhunter – ‘Axis’ (Dubplate)

Edited by six

Guest Soothsayer

That 2562 album leaked, it's pretty damn amazing, I'm really diggin' "Moog Dub"

Heard it this morning, the best debut album I have heard in a long while.

Guest we_kill_soapscum

that electronic explorations dude is on his hustle!

ps thanks for that burial upload!

Edited by we_kill_soapscum

Guest Enter a new display name

The promo got leaked. There is that fucking promo message once or twice per track, damnit.

Edited by Enter a new display name

• 2 weeks later...

Track ID for u dubstep experts:

:beer:

Man, I went to N-Type a few weeks ago and it was frickin great. I recognised a bunch of tracks he played but there was a standout track I need to know what it was.

It was more like a skankin reggae vibe and had a giant comedic boing springy sproing sound effect (cartoony). This springy sproing sound effect was fantastic. From memory it did not exactly have wobbly bass, and was probably more of the halfstep sort of vibe. This is a springy sproing sound that I have never heard similar in any other dubstep tracks. The track itself was not a dark track, it was quite upbeat which is not too usual for an N-Type set I think?!

I was a bit wasted so thats all I have to go on.

It is not on N-Types dubstep all stars mix.

Any hints? lol. It was a great springy sproing sound. it was all like "Boooiiiinnnnngg!!"