IGNORED

Wagon Christ - "Tally Ho!" appreciation thread

auxFACTOR

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

i love this album, listen to it a lot.

but i admit i tend to skip juicy luke vibert.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

well, part of the reason is that pianoplayahata, one of my favorite vibert songs ever, is right after that track.

i get up to skip the track and then dance to pianoplayahata a bit

Memory Towel has some of the most brilliant Luke percussion ever, that reverbed wooden block thing tapping away behind the most beautifully EQ'ed drum loop. And the whole album has a floaty orchestral feel, lots of string samples and synths. I love the acid version as well just cause of John Peel saying the words 'Acid Rinse'.

Memory Towel has some of the most brilliant Luke percussion ever, that reverbed wooden block thing tapping away behind the most beautifully EQ'ed drum loop. And the whole album has a floaty orchestral feel, lots of string samples and synths. I love the acid version as well just cause of John Peel saying the words 'Acid Rinse'.

The first time I heard Memory Towel - I was getting a blowjob... word up about the acid Rinse.

Tally ho is one of my favorites by Luke amongsts others.... hell anything Luke did in and around 97, 98 is ace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

weetabix anecdote:

great album i bought this from the dance section in hmv for £8 just two days ago - the shop assistant said "good choice - do you know its luke vibert?"

i was like "yeah"

i wanted to say more

end.

Guest psy-sci
I think "Rendleshack" is my favorite off Tally Ho. Starts off all crazed jungle, then reminds me of the Jetsons for some reason.

jetsons.jpg

that or crazy disco party are my favs from the album

"rendleshack" is one of my favourite vibert tracks ever

also "the filthy drummer" is nice

wait is "lovely" on tally ho? that one's fucking dreadful

"juicy luke vibert" was funny for like 5 minutes - but you wouldn't put it on an album

Archived