IGNORED

Last FM and you

Guest psy-sci

Guest psy-sci

I am pretty sure it takes last fm at least a month to record plays for artists.

I have been kinda keeping an eye on how it works and I noticed that it changes once a week if im lucky and my listeners were from like a week to 2 months before. I know because friends tell me when they listen to my stuff and i wait for like a month for them to show up on my last fm page.

anyone else experience this?

Guest maus

i haven't really looked at this. someone added my stuff to last.fm (which i was pleasantly surprised at) but i haven't tried tracking the plays. maybe i'll play a few of my tracks and see. i do know that for my weekly top plays and all-time favourites they seem to be skewed a bit, and not completely accurate, so i'd guess it's not an exact science yet.

but then i drink a lot.

good to see you 'round here psy. =)

c

Guest psy-sci

glad to be here. this forum is better than any other one ive witnessed and I seem to know alot of people here :P

It's weird, I didn't know quite a few people I've never met listen to my music apparently. Someone added a photo of me on there as well. Given, it's the same that's on my myspace, but I didn't put it there. Makes me feel significant =)

Guest psy-sci

last fm is great.

I can literally stalk people who listen to my stuff. So fun.

I have a weird last.fm story

About two months ago I found an old cd of 50's music i had gotten off a newsgroup ages ago. And i put the songs on my ipod.

Last week I got an email from this guy with the subject Little Willie Littlefield

Hi Matthew,

Good to see Little Willie on your charts!! I'm a friend of Willie and I'm with him on tour from time to time. He currently lives here in the Netherlands. After a retirement of 6 years he started touring again last year. And he's still going strong!!!

In August he will perform at the Edmonton Folk Festival.

Greetings,

Jan Athmer

and then I was saying to myself thats pretty awesome that guy is ancient by now. So i looked him up on wikipedia(the internet pirate guide to the galaxy)

542px-Littlewillielittlefield.jpg

I hope im still doing music when I look like that :)

Guest mrx

i didn't know about this until I found out that I had an artist page through a post on fred mcgriff's blog

358 listeners so far, apparently :shade:

Guest autpt

just registered an account. i was curious as to whether the embeded playlist is in working order. so here is a post to check this technology out.

last fm is great.

I can literally stalk people who listen to my stuff. So fun.

I have a weird last.fm story

About two months ago I found an old cd of 50's music i had gotten off a newsgroup ages ago. And i put the songs on my ipod.

Last week I got an email from this guy with the subject Little Willie Littlefield

Hi Matthew,

Good to see Little Willie on your charts!! I'm a friend of Willie and I'm with him on tour from time to time. He currently lives here in the Netherlands. After a retirement of 6 years he started touring again last year. And he's still going strong!!!

In August he will perform at the Edmonton Folk Festival.

Greetings,

Jan Athmer

and then I was saying to myself thats pretty awesome that guy is ancient by now. So i looked him up on wikipedia(the internet pirate guide to the galaxy)

542px-Littlewillielittlefield.jpg

I hope im still doing music when I look like that :)

The Edmonton Folk Music Fetival is a great festival too. very chilled out and loads of great tunes.

The jazz fest in Edmonton is quite good as well, although sometimes a little pricey, and you do have to put up with the nonces who sigh in utter contempt when you come in 5 minutes late and actually enjoy the fuck out of solos and shit...

Sorry, I know nothing about last.fm

yeah... i trip out when i see that someone has been listening to my music and i never spoke to them... that's pretty cool!

one guy messaged me though and he said "why do you listen to yourself so much?"

!

Guest Demerzel

last.fm is fucked up. my last 5 song shave been the same for two months and I have 1200 incubus plays or something, I dont know if thats even possible. although i did leave the computer on when I was away for a weekend once and suspect I left that playing.

• 2 weeks later...

The powerplay feature on last.fm is good fun (if you have a bit of spare cash)

Set yourself up as a Last.fm label (which takes a while), and then you can pay about £10 to have your track streamed 100 times to people who like similar stuff (you define what similar stuff is). Then you get feedback about how many people listened all the way through, pressed the 'I love it' button, or skipped the track.

Stats do seem a bit slow, I havent paid much attention. I get the impression that Last.fm is run from a very small office in London with about two staff.

Mine update near instantly and if it doesn't it usually only takes an hour or so to appear, it takes a bit longer to appear in the jpegs and I'm guessing they lag behind slightly but overal for a free service it's great. I have a lot of fun with the radio, I've discovered a lot of decent artists that I had never heard of before... it's one of those really great internetz things if you ask me.

Guest psy-sci

my dashboard updates almost instantly but my artist page doesnt

i agree with you about one of the great internet things

Archived