IGNORED

Forlon - Esh Interlude

mcbpete

Forlon asked me to takle a remix of this track a few days back and I've finally got round to get Buzz up and running again. Was a tricky remix to match the quality of the original so hopefully I've pulled it off :whistling:

It's my usual not so good as Mr.Joe of cubus mix, but I'm happier with composing the slower ambienty stuff than trying to compete with the complexities of Joes tracks. But anyway, I'm straying from the point :happy:

I hope you like the track. I haven't done a remix for a long time (not since the mosca remix back in the Spring), and I really enjoyed doing it. So thanks Forlon for lending me the samples.

Lots of love to you all as always, I always respect your opinions.

Pete.

Ooh, maybe a link to the track might be useful :laughing: :

UPDATED LINK:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/mp3/esh.mp3

compress the first 55 sec into 10. too long and cheesy for an other wise tight track.

the rest...that was all of what makes cubus one of my favourite arteeests right now.

you got it nice.

another composition altogether.

Guest Josefmcb

can someone link the original? i've not heard it.

this version's good though.. the tune just works really well at that sorta speed and tone and whatever. i'm not sure the drumbeat sits in the mix very comfortably- it's like if them nice big ol' degraded synthy pads is an armchair, the beat should be sitting right in the thick of it, but it's sitting on the arm. :ermm:

ermmm....what i mean is it should fit in a bit betterdly. but i likes the track overall.

Guest mushroom

It could stand to be a bit shorter. It doesn't really go anywhere, and it lingers too much near the end. It definitely could be shortened to something like 7:00. Besides the lengthiness though, a very solid track. The ambient synths are nice and the percussion is well-placed. Good job.

Guest Josefmcb

i've never seen that site before. it's great! shame clikcin' the top doesn't cycle forwards and the bottom cycles back...grabbin' yer stuff now..

Cheers everyone. :grin:

Joe I think you better get hold of this track and work your shizzle magic over it. Well maybe when you head over here this 'aft of noon anyways.

~ism: Yeah definitely, the second sample works at the end as it seems more integral to the mix, wheras the first one seems rather superficial to the track. Maybe if I just start it like 53 seconds into the track then it'd be gain a lot more credibility :)

Guest Chimp Logic

Damn!

I downloaded this last night when you first posted and have listened to it several times since. This is really freaking cool. I am sure I have the original on my drive somewhere, but haven't heard it in ages so I can't attest to it being 'as good' as the original at the moment. But I honestly don't care. This is a really great track. I love the slow build and swirl near the end.

Shizamn. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Peace

Guest Josefmcb

just heard the original.. i love the melody played on the congas or whatever they is. (apologies if the original has its own thread somewhere).. seems a shame to lose them in this mix really..not sure how they'd fit mind.

yeah sorry, this is a bit of a non-post actually, i don't know what i'm trying to say (if anything). :sad:

nice

ambienet

and you've also got something going on remarkably like the noise the triffids used to make - which i enjoyed greatly

mo

Ignore the first minute, it's rubbish. It no longer has it on my version which I'll upload this evening.

nice one pete

look forward to this

Hey very nice man, it sounds faster. You have all the percussive stuff right from the start and build it off near the end, right? I like both versions, the speech thing in the first version was a little cheesy, but the pace of it was also cool.

So, next up a 3:30 radio version?

Archived