IGNORED

Mouse on mars

G. I. Raffe

Guest The Dinosaur Man

Iaora Tahiti

Idiology

Niun Niggung

Stereomission and Actionist Respoke rock it. Mouse on Mars must have been an inspiration for Jamie Lidell's first release on warp. Speaking of which, in a recent interview in Alarm magazine he said that all experimental music was basically drug music and nothing more, what a shmoo. Just because he couldn't make decent experimental music doesn't mean he has to knock everything that is not mainstream. Then again I guess that is how you make money these days, distance yourself from experimental/electronic music unless your DJ Tiesto who somehow spun trance music at the Olympics...rant alert!

homeless.jpg

Guest The Dinosaur Man

Their live shows look fun:

mom1.jpg

and they are actually shows, nobody hiding behind laptops

Guest Rambo

All my mates went to see them at Benicassim and i didn't. Which is good.

One of the rare bits of live stuff ive seen.

• 1 year later...
great bump

Yeah, let me just skim a few thousand dollars off the top of my mountain of cash I have laying around in every room so I can buy a plane ticket to the goddamn middle east.

They are very near and dear to my heart since '95. I got to buy "Instrumentals" in A-Musik in Cologne back in '99. The guy working there might have been Andy or Jan--I never knew any pictures of them at that point (I was still on dial-up at that point FML). I tried to tell this guy that I was a big fan of MoM from the US and if he knew anything about a tour ever. Either his English was poor or he didn't like me or he was very strange because he basically ignored me. I was going to have my friend do some interpreting but he was spooked out so I just bought the record.

Autoditacker is such a heady album for me not only for the amazing music on it but how I listened to almost nothing else my entire freshman year of college. But, of course, I celebrate their entire catalogue and side projects.

MID POST EDIT: That guy must've been George Odijk. I know A-Musik keeps up online work but is there still that basement-style physical shop? Fuck, 10 years ago, who knows now?

pretty funny story. autoditacker is the one for me as well.. i havent really been able to hear any of their new stuff though. just that vocal album which i could never get into.. still cant believe these guys are coming to town. i mean delhi just had its first proper dubstep/jungle night two weeks ago.

in case anyones curious http://www.youtube.com/BASSFoundationindia

Flurobox, I forget that you live in Delhi. I have such a hot nut for that city--I want to go to that Sikh temple where 3,000 people rush into a line on the floor for free dal, chapathi, and rice. You even get a nice ghee sweet on your way out. Not just once a year like Christmas or something--everyday. Those Sikhs really put their money where their mouth is when it comes to living their religion.

The intersection of cultures there reminds me of Singapore, another orgasm city I want to get too. I think just walking around in a pair of kurthas (custom made for the gigantic American lol) and realizing you're in the oldest continually inhabited city in the world (300 BC) would be enough to keep me in a daze the whole time :dizzy:

P.S. I bet you dug the Tamil-English marriage of Autoditacker's cover ;)

Damn you've been to bangla sahib? Fuck..what are the odds ! Im half sikh myself but i dont practice. Am just in it for the food and the bitches :) Singapore's great too, for a short while. . otherwise it can start to get pretty claustrophobic. 45 mins from one end to the other. ..Its crazy though i've met people in their 50's who have never left that tiny place, not even to go accross to malaysia.

Also, believe it or not i never noticed the auto cover before..good eye man

Archived