IGNORED

so i won a ticket for a presentation of the reactable

GORDO

what shall I do?

pay Mark Bell to be your butt boy thousands of dollars to masturbatorily use one during your live sets. Essentially creating a smoke screen, passing off any potential talent you might have to a ledgenary producer playing with a visually entertaining device.

Also make sure to buy a Lemur, and while you're at it project an overhead camera view of of Mark Bell playing with both of them during your next live set.

Guest greenbank

that sounds terrible! imagine someone trading off someone elses name to gain something from it.... perhaps given your heritage you should avoid complaining of people doing such things...

the invitation included a 3" dvd with recordings of performances with the thing, in two of them they actually make music with it. Sonar and Berlin. it also includes the video of bjork performing declare independence the role of the reactable is not really clear in it.

but if by any chance i get to play with it what should i try.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

try making noises

see if you can get some good amen chopping out of it

• 3 weeks later...

so i went to the thing, arrived at 6 pm turns out it starts at 9 pm. so there I am far away from home, alone, nothing to do but wait, and so i walk around since i was in an area i don't go very often (far from where I live).

I return at 8, I see there's already some people there waiting, around 8:40 they start the queue line. It's 9pm and they say, "oh it'll start at 9:30". so ok, I wait, at 9:40 they say, we'll let people in at 10pm. so i'm already in a bad mood, but I wait, they let me in and turns out the thing it's a fucking party. I was expecting some kind of boring artsy presentation but no, it's a rave party thing which i don't mind but i was alone, and worst I lost my cellphone so I couldn´t even call someone to join me there.

So there I am, listening to some dj play generic house music thinking, "ok I'll wait till she (the dj) ends her set and after the reactable thing I'm out, because here the subway closes around 12am. so one hour later the dj is still there playing some shit, and some other dudes were setting up their laptops, so then I realize there's gonna be another set of music before whatever they were planning to do with the reactable, I realize I can't stay any longer because if I did I had no way of returning home without spending a lot of money on a taxi.

and of course i had to make a post about it.

go, stand quietly in the crowd for a bit then suddenly go fucking ape shit, run onto the stage shouting "I AM THE MUSHROOM BOY"! and attempt to steal everything within reach.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

ha

i think my exact words upon the first viewing of the reactable youtube vid was "if i were on mushrooms you would not be able to tear me away from that thing."

Archived