IGNORED

New Gescom?

Guest MortstoX

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MortstoX

Rook. It's good, buy it! :rolleyes:

Anyway. I got a message from a nice and quite reliable resource from Manchester, about Skam considering to shut down business, so if you like it, buy it.

have you heard the whole thing? quite frankly its one of the most wanky things they've ever done. not to say its bad objectively, im sure many die heard AE fans will love this as they would also love a stereo recording of sean booth masturbating his penis with lotion.

the only thing i am happy about with this release is that 30 seconds of one of the songs sound like AE doing dubstep

Guest earlgrey
what excites me most is that hopefully a proper AE release isn't too far behind.

*recalls that ISS:SA came out, unadvertised (iirc?), the SAME DAY as draft 7.30*

Guest MortstoX

have you heard the whole thing? quite frankly its one of the most wanky things they've ever done. not to say its bad objectively, im sure many die heard AE fans will love this as they would also love a stereo recording of sean booth masturbating his penis with lotion.

the only thing i am happy about with this release is that 30 seconds of one of the songs sound like AE doing dubstep

I've played the whole thing over and over for the last week, and in my opinion it's as good as most of the other Gescom-records in my shelves. If you don't like it, it's ok with me. But I've heard your arguments before, and those are just sad. I have some friends who tells me "You'll be happy with whatever Autechre puts out!". It's the same friends who, when I play Sote to them, says "this is not music, it's noise, I can make better stuff myself. You actually paid for this? Haha, you've been ripped off!" Telling people who like music you don't like, that they are stupid is...yes. Sad.

Guest AWATDOTD

I was wondering, exactly which 30 seconds do you mean? I have the release here and am listening to it but I can't find the part you're referencing.

I've played the whole thing over and over for the last week, and in my opinion it's as good as most of the other Gescom-records in my shelves.

if you really believe this im just not going to waste anymore time. going from ISAA to this is like going from fillet mignon to a mcdonalds sausage patty. if you do not think this then have fun eating your breakfast sandwich. I will just pass on it and hope that the steak is high quality good next time.

i dont know what type of friends you have but to make a blanket statement and say just because i am correctly identifying blinding fanboyism that i also would find very unique electronic music 'noise' makes absolutely no sense, i cannot logically follow your argument.

gescom dubstep theory is not a theory

Guest MortstoX

"just because i am correctly identifying blinding fanboyism"

With arguments ending up like this, yeah I think we both should stop wasting our times.

Mushroom: The release-date is friday I think.

Yea, i guess I just suck at identifying electronic genres.

I am totally splurging and just ordering this from boomkat when it releases. Unless shipping is like ten dollars. Which I hope it isnt.

With arguments ending up like this, yeah I think we both should stop wasting our times.

its not an argument its a fact. i want you to understand something, i am a huge autechre fan. in fact i wouldn't hesitate them to call them my favorite electronic outfit. It's because i hold their music in such high regard that i am severely disappointed by this release.

its not an argument its a fact. i want you to understand something, i am a huge autechre fan. in fact i wouldn't hesitate them to call them my favorite electronic outfit. It's because i hold their music in such high regard that i am severely disappointed by this release.

I appreciate that. How did you like Untilted? I'm a huge æ fan but I think Untilted is awful. This Gescom release also looks to be underwhelming.

he willl also probably change his mind in 2 weeks

i will bet you 2 trillion dollars that i will not.

I appreciate that. How did you like Untilted? I'm a huge æ fan but I think Untilted is awful. This Gescom release also looks to be underwhelming.

i did not like untilted very much. Some of the songs are decent i like pro radii, sublimit and ipacial section. The rest of the album is very spotty and sounds like outtakes from a period in between EP7 and confield. If it had been released maybe right after Ep7 i might have found it very impressive sounding, its hard to tell without using a time machine and altering human history. And also to be perfectly clear i will probably still listen to this thing! you know why? because i am a huge autechre fan boy and yes i would probably also love to listen to a quadraphonic recording of sean booths ejaculate splattering on a piece of tin foil. I still listened to untilted an awful lot for the ratio of how much shit i talked about it. But still think its y their most unimpressive full length. Keep in mind Draft is probably my favorite AE album at the moment.

Guest MortstoX

Well. Ae is my fav electronic artist/band. I do however think that some of their albums/eps are not top quality. Of their stuff I appreciate the least is Chiclisuite and Confield. But I do like both Draft and Untilted. If I should pick out Gescom-stuff I don't like, it would be Motor and ISS:SA. I certainly think that this release is better than ISS:SA. If someone else are of a different opinion, hey that's fine. What I don't like is the "if this is your opinion, it's because they have fooled you"-attitude. Hoping for better discussions was the main reason for me to leave XLT for WATMM, so please!

Well. Ae is my fav electronic artist/band. I do however think that some of their albums/eps are not top quality. Of their stuff I appreciate the least is Chiclisuite and Confield. But I do like both Draft and Untilted. If I should pick out Gescom-stuff I don't like, it would be Motor and ISS:SA. I certainly think that this release is better than ISS:SA. If someone else are of a different opinion, hey that's fine. What I don't like is the "if this is your opinion, it's because they have fooled you"-attitude. Hoping for better discussions was the main reason for me to leave XLT for WATMM, so please!

Archived