New Gescom?

Guest MortstoX

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest earlgrey

here is a working link.

interesting....

An asterisk (*) indicates a re-release, or a new edition of a release previously available elsewhere (i.e. North American version of a release previously available on import).

10/9/2007

Gescom, "Gescom Pt. 1" (Skam) 12"

Gescom, "Gescom Pt. 2" (Skam) 12"

10/23/2007

Gescom, "S/T" (Skam) CD

No asterisk! Not re-releases! :yeah:

Guest earlgrey
ska028?

hmmm, what's ska028? I googled for it and this came up:

Gescom

Gescom #5.22 SKA028/1(12)

Gescom #5.22 SKA028/2(12)

ISS SA #5.22 SKA020CD #5.22 SKA020(12)

A1-D1 #8.82 SKA028CD

at http://www.southern.com/southern/label/SRD/labelcat.html.

"A1-D1"?

*thinks about way AE EPs are often released as 2 separate 12"ers but compiled onto a single CD ala Cichilisuite, Envane, EP7*

Guest earlgrey
I like this very much.

I liked this news so much that I forgot my dinner was cooking and by the time I had finished sleuthing for more info it was all horribly burned. 4 years since the last Gescom release ... presuming this is a new recording, I wonder what it will sound like, or if it will contain any of the new material from the Untilted tours, like with ISS:SA premiering at the '99 AE Coachella gig?.... <feels Booth/Brown obsessiveness escalating rapidly> :embrassed:

Guest sinkfield

maybe some collabs with the other gescom guys...maybe booth n brown arent even on this one... who knows, cant wait either way

Don't forget, "E&F" [Keynell] was a part of that Gescom trilogy as well. So, I don't see why Skam would re-release those tracks after they [skam] offered them as MP3s for purchase.

Guest Kenneth172

Lets up the Autechre guys have created somewthing new. The last few releases have been frankly boring and repetitive.

Guest earlgrey
Gescom #5.22 SKA028/1(12)

Gescom #5.22 SKA028/2(12)

ISS SA #5.22 SKA020CD #5.22 SKA020(12)

A1-D1 #8.82 SKA028CD

speculation o' mine follows:

Now I think about it, I strongly doubt that this will be rereleases - why give a rerelease a new catalogue number? The "A1-D1" surely means a compilation of the four sides of the two 12"ers, perhaps suggesting that the fourth side is only a single track. Given that numbers follow the letters though, I doubt that it'll just be one track per side, ala Rushup Edge - would be redundant otherwise (A-D.), so I'm gonna take that to mean that the B-side of the second LP is a giant track ala Sublimit or Megamix from the CD release of ISS:SA.

Also: on my PC I see "#5.22" etc after each title above - perhaps what I'm seeing as a hash symbol reads as a pound sign for you UKers. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that that's the price, and I'd like to think the fact that SKA028CD - "A1-D1" - is more expensive than the ISS:SA CD indicates it'll be an LP rather than an EP!

Archived