IGNORED

Aphex Acid 04 is tragic

Fred McGriff

The synth line that comes in at 1:09 is so. fucking. bad. asssssss!!!! I mean this song starts off fucking killer, I remember the first time I heard it i just immediately started low ballin, movin my shoulders all down and dirty, snappin my fingers, thinking to myself oh hell fucking yeah. i felt like i was coming up on something. and then

1:44. . . . WTF??

the track falls off the wagon completely! never to resort back to the brilliance that was introduced during the first minute! what the fuck man?! this song was going to be one of the top 3 or 4 tracks in the whole series! now it's in the bottom tier man! 1:44. w-t-f.

that's why i think this song is tragic. i cant help but just sit there and imagine what it'd be like if he just kinda built on the first minute and kept that going.

oh well who am i to question genius. i am probably too dumb to understand what he was doing with this track.

i like the way it goes on - its getting into weird twists makes me much more groove then in the from you described part in the beginning. its a typical example for a track where you had a certain idea but then loose yourself in weird experiments that go far away from the idea you had at the beginning

its typical for aphex to change moods and concepts during a song - it like that about him

Guest Adjective

i think most of the analord series is as disappointing. :cry:

however, 11, 10, 8, 6, crying in your face, and where's your girlfriend? are all decent listens.

confederation trough made me even sadder, cause i thought that meant he died inside or something...

then Rushup Edge restored my faith, and now i can listen to analords and the first tuss without getting depressed.

I always saw it as the first part is the warm up/experimental part, then the last two minutes build into a hypnotic groove a la Phuture. Absolutely love it one of my favorite Analords.

Archived