IGNORED

What was your first CD by RDJ?

Q27

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Masonic Boom

An old boyfriend taped me SAW 85-92 at some point in the early 90s when I tasked him with a challenge of "find me techno/electronic music that sounds like Spacemen 3"

I played it until it I wore it out but it took me years to get into any of the other stuff.

cornwall bootleg tape 1980

oh yeah, i had tapes from '79!

and flim is possibly the finest piece of electrical music ever written

i completely agree

oh and the first one for me was probably the come to daddy ep. bought it for the title track and within a week was obsessed with afx. must say i still think the title track is fun, though far from his best work.

Guest cult fiction

RDJ in mid 2001. Ordered it along with Plaid - Double figure and Autechre - Tri Repetae++ to see what this whole electronic music thing was about. Was a huge fan a few months later, just in time for Druqks to come out...

Guest Calx Sherbet

first i bought was the Analogue Bubblebath 2 vinyl. it's in really pristine condition

the first CD i got was an On Remixes mispress. the case, disc, and everything was labeled for the remixes, but it was just the On EP. lol

then i think i got the RDJ album, with the girl/boy tracks

SAW 85-92, which basically hooked me as afx fan

this, back when it was brand new.

Archived