IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

No I understand, I'm just saying, you know what it sounds like.

Plus I think if it works as intended, a plain white background with blue links and html form check boxes is fine.

Not to me - I like to take pride in my work, and present it in the best form as possible. This is part of the reason WATMM hasn't come about yet - I literally waited two years researching Content Management Systems to run the site with before I settled on the one I did. I'm a bit funny that way. And I didn't mean to snap, because you are justified in saying that since I have basically rewritten the definition of procrastination (well, I might be entry #2 after Duke Nukem Forever, LOL).

yeah. design really isn't important.

See above, but I understand your point.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blicero

you can always announce a source song today without needing the site immediately ready. I think most people are just eager to get started remixing. they don't need a site just yet.

re: 2 years researching CMS... as i'm sure you are well aware, web technologies change so fast that if you spend more than a few months building anything, you will regret decisions that you made when you are finished, since there is always a newer, better, and trendier method/platform/technology.

don't over-design it. keep it simple. keep it clean.

Looks like rex aborted another fetus...

RIP young one... you tried and trued, just not enough :cry:

i'll lift your dangling stature from the trashcan and bury you in the Bauhinia Blakeana orchards that are bestowed with the light you so deserve!

Looks like rex aborted another fetus...

RIP young one... you tried and trued, just not enough :cry:

i'll lift your dangling stature from the trashcan and bury you in the Bauhinia Blakeana orchards that are bestowed with the light you so deserve!

i.e. we lose

that's not what I.e. Means

When you mean “for example,” use e.g. It is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase exempli gratia. When you mean “that is,” use “i.e.” It is an abbreviation for the Latin phrase id est. Either can be used to clarify a preceding statement, the first by example, the second by restating the idea more clearly or expanding upon it. Because these uses are so similar, the two abbreviations are easily confused. If you just stick with good old English “for example” and “that is” you won’t give anyone a chance to sneer at you. If you insist on using the abbreviation, perhaps “example given” will remind you to use “e.g.,” while “in effect” suggests “I.E.”

Archived