IGNORED

the orb - live 1995 recording

Guest margaret thatcher

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Space Coyote

Loving it, thank you very much. Margaret - If you can't upload them all can you humour us with a few more choice high quality selections as you have done so far please? Where have you acquired these from?

Guest margaret thatcher
Loving it, thank you very much. Margaret - If you can't upload them all can you humour us with a few more choice high quality selections as you have done so far please? Where have you acquired these from?

i can't say where i acquired them from. just that i know a couple of (ex)members of the band...

ok, cos i'm a lovely person, i've decided to go through the whole 1993 tour*, which i have almost in its entirety on soundboard dat tapes, so next choice:

1993-06-30 tokyo air

plateau

majestic

little fluffy clouds

a huge ever growing thingy

blue room

star 6 & 7 8 9

spanish castles in space

valley

assassin

outlands

p.s. this sounds much much better quality than trekroner, but i prefer trekroner cos it has unreleased tracks and the 30 min ever growing thingy...

i'm uploading this now.

xxx

*my 1993 dat tapes are as follows:

1993-04-16 manchester

1993-06-26 glastonbury

1993-06-30 tokyo air

1993-07-01 tokyo air

1993-07-02 tokyo club yellow

1993-08-28 trekroner sunset

1993-08-29 trekroner sunrise

1993-10-16 park plaza, la

1993-11-19 cambridge corn exchange

1993-11-23 exeter university

1993-11-24 birmingham institute

1993-11-25 leicester university

1993-11-27 brixton academy

1993-11-28 brixton academy

1993-00-00 brixton academy (unknown date, i think it's nov 93)

so this might take a while

Guest margaret thatcher
this is great stuff.

do you have anything from the Glasgow Barras - Christmas '92-'93 (roughly - ultraworld tour).

i met my missus at that :wub:

nothing from glasgow round that time, but i have manchester 1992-11-01 which is the closest i have to that...i've got nothing later than that in 1992, and only 1993-04-16 in manchester again in early 1993....i'll ask my contacts to see if glasgow christmas 1992 is still in the archive....

Guest margaret thatcher

i've just uploaded the flyer for the 1992 winter dates.....did you go to the 19th october date?

i have recordings for the 14th, 23rd and 1st nov for that tour....(1st nov was a bonus end-of-tour date, they played a more ambient set and the bar was free all night...there were quite a lot of people walking round in klf robes too)

i'll probably end up uploading all three dates, they all sound pretty good (the 23rd is a bit muddy on the mix, but they're all soundboard)

Guest margaret thatcher

1993-06-30 tokyo air

http://download.yousendit.com/C095BC511C96952A PART ONE

http://download.yousendit.com/813A5F80529D61D4 PART TWO

plateau

majestic

little fluffy clouds

blue room

star 6 & 7 8 9

spanish castles in space

valley

assassin

outlands

notes about the dat: i just had a quick listen and it sounds mint, except the very end of "valley" is cut off, as is the end of "outlands", cos the dat ran out of space...everything else is perfecto

enjoy xx

yeah but that tokyo set has my favourite version of Little Fluffy Clouds on it...plus that version of plateau ain't half bad either...

oh my mistake, this is tokyo air, not club yellow...

I'll get to hear new ones then, so thanks :) and keep them coming...could you put the glasto set up next please?

Guest margaret thatcher

i can post glasto 93 next, but the dat is fucked so i made a composite from it of the stuff i recovered from the dat, and audience recordings. which sound obviously worse. i can upload that, but the best sounding stuff from glasto 93 is on live 93....

in detail:

plateau [no decent recording exists yet]

majestic [aud]

little fluffy clouds [aud]

blue room [dat]

star 6 & 7 8 9 [dat]

spanish castles in space [dat]

valley [dat / live 93]

assassin [aud]

outlands [live 93 / dat]

a huge ever growing thingy [dat]

the tracks in light grey are on live 93 anyway.

my dat is utterly fucked for the first three tracks, but blue room sounds ok on it, then it's fine until valley where it fucks up halfway through so i used live 93 to fill in the gap, then assassin is fucked completely and half of outlands, and then the dat is listenable again until the end. it just becomes so overdriven that you might as well be listening to merzbow. however the good sounding stuff sound really good...

so....basically, the best sounding stuff is live 93 material, and "blue room" and "a huge ever growing"...the audience recording sounds pretty bad, to be honest. i tried eqing it and stuff but you can't polish a turd...

instead of posting that, i'll post glasto 92, and the two good sounding tracks from glasto 93 which aren't on live 93.

glasto 92 goes like this:

u.f.orb

little fluffy clouds

blue room

earth (gaia)

close encounters

so that'll be my next upload!

Guest margaret thatcher
I got that Orb vs MBM EP/album (it's three tracks clocking in at 30 mins) thing the other day. It's pretty good.

yeah, it's really good...the packaging is wicked too...my only very slight issue with it is that "matron" was released on ruok? under a different title and "insane" doesn't feature mbm at all, it's a track between the orb and autolump (fil le gonidec).....but 1855bc is unquestionably the best thing that the orb have done in 10 years or so...

Guest margaret thatcher
also is the majestic track from glasto 93 the same as the "millwall mix" found on TEEX Vol.1?

nope...the millwall mix is a studio mix (i think)...the millwall mix is almost ambient, whereas the glasto 93 version is much darker and more driving....the glasto 93 has the "tripping on sunshine" sample for the last 2 or 3 mins, and the millwall mix has the "trip over the words....gobble it all up" tape beatles sample instead....etc etc

Guest margaret thatcher

alright boysies, last one for today:

1993-07-01 tokyo air

plateau

majestic

little fluffy clouds

blue room

star 6 & 7 8 9

spanish castles in space

valley

assassin

outlands

very similar to the 1993-06-30 gig (cos it's the following night), except slightly different set list. this dat is perfect, all tracks are full and sound great. :)

uploading now...

Guest margaret thatcher

by "genesis" do you mean origin or generation?

i don't think i'm allowed to divulge any information on the dats' origins...

some of them are originals, some are 1st gen copies of the originals....i know certain members who used to be in the band....

i've had most of them in archive for a long time. i've also got dats of alternate mixes of plateau (5 mixes), oobe (3 mixes), a huge ever growing thingy (4 or 5 mixes, i've forgotten, but i have the legendary 60 min mix with jimi cauty - but it sounds overdriven in the middle), the original ultraworld demo, the "space" demo with cauty, the ffwd session demo with robert fripp, etc etc....

Archived