IGNORED

Meat Beat Manifesto - Autoimµne (ZIQ202)

Rubin Farr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is jack dangers doing the rapping? id actually not mind that, but if he has other mcs rapping on it could come off as a little cheap l. will reserve judgment until i hear it.

edit: so far from the samples im hearing, it could be the best offical MBM album since Subliminal sandwich, only on track 3 though.

u guys got a link?

remember this is an advance, with only 14 of the 26 final tracks.

oh ok that explains it! i was listening to a 14 track album wondering where everything went.

Id say so far the best track is Spanish Vocoder. And im not really impressed by Jack's take on dubstep.

Terminal, you really think these dubstep tracks are superior to say...Komonazmuk?

i like the first dubsteppy one on this lp but the rest arent really doing it for me.

Guest terminal duck

you're all wrong..

european version....CD 14 tracks....2x12" with 10 tracks...preceded by a single 12".. planet mu

US version 26 track double CD....4 track digital d/l...metropolis

this is the first meat beat album i`ve heard and i like it a lot. the dubstepish tunes are awesome. fuckinA production too. my favorite tracks atm are children of earth/less/solid waste. good stuff!

Guest terminal duck
this is the first meat beat album i`ve heard and i like it a lot. the dubstepish tunes are awesome. fuckinA production too. my favorite tracks atm are children of earth/less/solid waste. good stuff!

you've got about 20 years worth of catching up to do it sounds like..

its a good lp, definitly favor this one over 'actual sounds' and 'ryok' which personally i very much disliked. I havent enjoyed a proper MBM album this much since Subliminal Sandwich. but i have to say it still doesnt come anywhere close to Jack Dangers Loudness Clarifies, one of my favorite electronic albums of the last 10 years. At the center was good conceptually, but i never found myself listening to it that much.

i think i'm looking forward to this album, but i'm not one to bother my arse with hunting down snippets or mp3s before it's released. i'm just too lazy. i'm hoping that Jack is rocking the microphone on some tracks. the two tracks on Live 05 where he's doing vocals are really sweet. then again, i could just be a curmudgeonly old prick who yearns for the old pre-Subliminal Sandwich days. Re-animator still kicks my arse.

i'm also hoping that the tour dates on their website get expanded to include places in Europe, or better still the UK, or even better Scotland. i doubt it's pertinent but maybe being on Planet Mu this time around might make that happen.

j0hn

• 2 weeks later...

the album has now been scaled down to the 14 tracks on the advance, bummer. there is an exclusive CD for sale on the tour, so hopefully it's the unreleased tracks.

the album has now been scaled down to the 14 tracks on the advance, bummer. there is an exclusive CD for sale on the tour, so hopefully it's the unreleased tracks.

two versions of the album are being released

two versions of the album are being released

the email i received today from mbm.com stated the Metropolis release was now 14 tracks:

"A reminder - the album release date is April 8 (April 7 in the UK & Europe though Planet Mu); this is now a single disc. The track listing is as follows:"

1. International

2. I Hold The Mic!

3. Hellfire

4. Less

5. Solid Waste

6. Lonely Soldier

7. Children Of Earth

8. Young Cassius

9. Guns N Lovers

10. Return To Bass

11. 62 Dub

12. Colors Of Sound

13. Spanish Vocoder

14. International Reprise

i checked the Metropolis website and they have the same tracklisting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More compressed than Clark's new album. I'll still buy it though, some of the samples sound pretty good.

American release has a different track listing wtf?

Archived