IGNORED

Benga - Diary of an Afro Warrior

six

Out March 10 or thereabouts, promos just came out.

Tracklisting below and I also have his recent set on Mary Ann Hobbs here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5vwmm1wzd2h

zero m2

night

b4 the dual

e trips

someone 20

light bulb

crunked up

go tell them

the cut

emotions

3 minutes

pleasure

26 basslines

loose synths

this is hot fucking shit. not a trace of 2step sludginess this is music you can dance your ass off to.

not that there's anything wrong with 2step sludginess.

anyway 26 basslines is a fucking banger and a half.

Just heard this and I'm not super impressed but there's a very cool change of direction on a few tracks.

I think I'm also jaded to a few tracks (Night, Crunked Up, Emotions, The Cut, 26 Basslines) because I've heard them played live so many times.

Someone 20, Pleasure, and Loose Synths are all great tracks and nice surprises.

Guest grinningcat

there was a benga tune doing the rounds taped off some radio station , file was called 'benga - wonky time signature tune' or something. was a tune in a weird time signature.

anyone know if its on there. ill check out the mix when i get 'ome

there was a benga tune doing the rounds taped off some radio station , file was called 'benga - wonky time signature tune' or something. was a tune in a weird time signature.

anyone know if its on there. ill check out the mix when i get 'ome

I'm almost positive I know what tune you're talking about, and no it's not on there.

Guest grinningcat

heard the mix, good stuff, but would have prefered iit if more weird stuff like 'wonky time signature tune' was on it

heard the mix, good stuff, but would have prefered iit if more weird stuff like 'wonky time signature tune' was on it

i really want that track too. sadly if i was to pick one that will never make it beyond dubplate, i would pick that. more weapon than track really lol.

Guest Soothsayer

So yeah, 26 Basslines was the track I had been waiting now about a year for(since hearing that Stella Sesh with it and thinking "My God this track kicks ass!")

edit: And yes, I know this song's been making the rounds forever, but I'm happy to finally have a copy, unmixed.

Guest Soothsayer

I'd also like to add that I fucking *love* the cover to this album, very appropriate for the title and "Music as a weapon" ethos he seems to rep, and it reminds me of Mapplethorpe.

Guest Soothsayer

uhh, I guess this is the "official" video for Night(the user who put it up on youtube is called "Tempaofficial" anyway), I don't think I'm too fond of this...

• 2 weeks later...

Sick. Can't wait to get my fuckin' mits on this. Supafunkalicious. E-trips wow what a monsta tune!!! Sickness abounds.

Yep, pretty much the thing I'm anticipating the most this year...

Hell yeah!!! Been waiting most of the year for this too. :angry:

• 8 months later...

Archived