IGNORED

Carn Marth

Guest Caustic

Guest Helper ET

For years this used to always be my least favorite song of the album, always was a skipper for me. Now, it is a feature of the album for me.

The killer high end, the flat emotional beginning, I never could get into the track. Those low frequency sounds at the beginning sound like my mind is folding over itself. Then, it begins. Very intrusive, right from the beginning. Those high frequencies really make your ears perk. The song is considerably louder than the rest of the album, and I've always kind of been bothered by that. Interesting though that he chose to make the center song of the album louder. Those clacky percussive noises are so reminiscent of Hangable Auto Bulb...you can totally hear a transition between the two releases. That brass is so ska...

Then it sounds like he is connecting to the internet, which sounds absolutely incredible. That is one of my favorite sounds ever. This filtered static of some kind. This is followed by that brilliant liquidy sound, which comes in and out like you are watching a goopy, liquidy sphere morph randomly into bloby forms of perfect rhythmic shapes. The coolest sound ever.

Then those 3 notes (or chords?). That 3 note melody repeats so beautifully, it goes on and on, and I completely love it. Some melodies and chords make me contemplate life and my spiritual existence. This melody is very good at creating these kinds of feelings for me. And that loopy beat underneath it......oh my. The combination of the two are just, so good. And that lower synth thing that is going on underneath it is also so awesome, and compliments the before mentioned concepts quick well. It's needed.

The end, it sounds like connecting to the internet, edited blips and bleeps. It's so short, and we only get to hear it twice, although I'm sure if we heard it more than that, it would be less special. The sound of this happening, over top the end of the song, is some of the best music ever recorded.

Guest Helper ET

caustic i spent at least 30 minutes listening to this track while typing my observations as your thread title implies, and your bitch ass don't even reply

Guest Helper ET

is it shit? are you saying i right shit?

by right i mean write of course, wow im fuckin losing my mind (furthermore). 26 hours here i come!

Guest Helper ET

i actually quite enjoyed doing it. i've never done that sort of thing before, and proby wouldnt have if it wasnt for caustic. i dont really think i have a special talent or anything, but I found it quite fun to do. something different than just sitting and listening. we should do this with other songs where people talk about a track for several paragraphs. maybe a good way to lessen the "do you think RDJ owns an Ipod" discussions

Guest Caustic

so i guess nobody has anything to say about the track.

well there's only like 5 actual members of this forum, so... fair enough.

Archived