IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

artworks-000576418280-pe1l4f-t500x500.jpg.912ca8d2d49a0f9b641a37b6d3a3e6fb.jpg

It seems to me that the style of language in writing is the book equivalent of cinematography, and liberal artistic license being taken with language is recurrent in many works I like as of late. It shouldn't be a surprise then that I found this book so engrossing. It's wild to see a relatively brief novel have such an extended fan-made glossary and annotations, many sourced from correspondence with the author, although I didn't find any of it really necessary in order to follow the story. It did shed some light on certain indecipherable phrases and revealed some clever symbology, but most of the time it doesn't really matter. It seems more effective that the people don't understand their words to any great degree and don't even have the right ones to understand their circumstances. This is most poignant in the "origin" story of Eusa. 

At any rate the book's approach and the questions raised keep following me around.