IGNORED

For those who have the limited edition of Quaristice...

Guest End

I'm not looking to buy one, I'm just very tempted to part with my own when I see they're going for crazy amounts on eBay. To sell or not to sell... man, we're talking hundreds here!

:confused:

My opinion keeps shifting. I thought a few hours back that it's a test for a "true fan", like you're taking money in exchange for the music. But it isn't really like that, as the regular edition is still in print. I'd be essentially trading shiny metal for money.

And they've said that they're not too fussed how fans listen to their music, so there's always that aspect.

Man, I should have bought TEN!

I should have bought two as well, but it's not the kind of things I do...

I will keep mine , as I kept my analord bindcase, even if this seems to beat auction records...

It's so much money, If I sell it, I could buy a kaos pad 3, a little fella I've been willing to buy since ages....

But I will keep it, man, I've been so lucky to grab it this day, and + there was this whole thing here and on That Other Site™ about getting the album ealier, watermarked promos,tresure hunting on soulseek with you guys, unadvertised bleep official leakeage.... Quarisitice is one of those albums that are craved in my memory with all this silly stuff, and I love the album, and the second cd, and this steel case ( which seems really cool looking, still waiting to receive mine, should arrive this monday) is like the big final thing, a thing to remember all these stuffs in 10/20 years.... and maybe by then , it will either be worth 25 pounds, or 2500....

but yeah, I should have bought two (like some people did) and keep one for me, and buy a kaos pad 3 with the other one...

Guest dangulberry

I'm fucking selling mine! Hopefully to someone here, but otherwise I'm going for big bucks on ebay. Too skint to think otherwise!

Guest PusillanimousRex

I wouldn't be able to say until I get to gauge the quality of the second disc, as I haven't received it yet. However, I have lost the pack rat bug over the years, and now, having sold the majority of my collection, I only keep the absolute essentials - the really great material I can't do without.

Of course, anybody hoping to make a mint off this should sell it quick enough - even Radio Mix wasn't fetching quite so high a price just a few years after its release. I saw it once for 350$ or more on eBay, I sold mine for 65$ not too long after, and there were almost no bids. This one will depreciate even faster, since there's a FLAC download and cover art floating around within easy reach.

Guest Ephphatha
I'm fucking selling mine! Hopefully to someone here, but otherwise I'm going for big bucks on ebay. Too skint to think otherwise!

That's good news! *fetches wallet* :ok:

I've never sold any of my records and I'm not certainly not starting now, even though I'm skinter than I have been in years. Plus the prices on ebay at the minute seem like a kneejerk reaction.

Guest endangered betche

More and more, as long as I have the musics, the physical releases don't mean much. I'm not sure what that means.

Guest Goum Le Chat

I think i'll never sell mine. I didn't bought it while thinking "let's make money". I buy records because I love to own the object. I use marts like Bleep to buy a record wich is too expensive in "physical version" or for some rare stuff. And only via no-drm shops (f*ck you Itunes). And I never sell a record I own, whatever the price i've bought it, whatever how much money I could make.

i assume the pice is now around €400

i just don't like to give somebody €370 as a gift for ordering in time thats just insane

i mean come on you could assemble the complete steel cover with cds printed all professional for a bit more than 100 euros by yourself

Archived