IGNORED

selected ambient works volume 2 vinyl

Guest zaphod

Guest analogue wings

I can't imagine listening to SAW II in such a manner that I have to get up and change a record every 3 songs. Defeats the purpose.

I can't imagine listening to SAW II in such a manner that I have to get up and change a record every 3 songs. Defeats the purpose.

Agreed. This album is best consistently played through... puts me in a daze/trance or sleepy state of mind.

Sadly the high price is true: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170186383846

I won this item [HAB2] from same seller at same time: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170186385584 and turned around and offered $150 on top for the SAWII vinyl. SOLD

what is weird, is there is slight runoff, or small streaks of the brown vinyl pressing embedded on at least 2 sides of these vinyls

Guest zaphod

is the brown vinyl noticeably worse quality? is it really really bad? i think i might just buy that but i want it to be listenable.

It's ironic, but the supposedly "Limited edition" brown vinyl version (10000 copies....) is actually much easier to get hold of than the black vinyl.

Guest zaphod
is the brown vinyl noticeably worse quality? is it really really bad? i think i might just buy that but i want it to be listenable.

i don't even think it's very listenable - especially for this sort of (quiet) music.i remember reading somwhere that a few warp records at the time were dodgy in the same way - so the point that there were like little pieces of sediment in someone's copy.

ewww

i don't actually care about the collector's value of the record, i just am excited to be able to hear stone in focus and hankie on a physical recording. but if it all sounds like shit then i won't bother.

• 3 weeks later...

Coloured vinyls are typically lower quality. Same with the brown vinyl.

It's ironic, but the supposedly "Limited edition" brown vinyl version (10000 copies....) is actually much easier to get hold of than the black vinyl.

This is true. Even harder to find is the black vinyl with the color cover (or vice versa, with a black and white cover). Can't remember.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived