IGNORED

What would make RDJ release his yet unreleased music?

gaarg

to be fair, most everything moby has ever produced should remain unplayed.

that's a bit stretched out :)

is it?

Moby has no lobby on this board, so why do you bother asking me ?

yeah, imho it is. i would never ever give away early underground or ambient, and ffs i like the most of 18... and when i bought animal rights right when it came out that was perhaps even more unpopular than buying come to daddy. and still is. thats when i reach for my revolver, yeah! i like to score. Moby has definately a footprint on my childhood... he's one of the few musicians on this planet who's able to record all his instruments on his own... from the piano to the drums... and the guy moved on. whenever he touched the border of what he was doing... he got over it... no matter what people said. The 'Moby' album and a lot of his singles are trash though. and no discussion about hotel. i cannot imagine what my life would be without go and feeling so real. ...goddamn i've seen him playing "ui he fu" and "thousand" live at a mayday at the age of 15. i was so lucky looking older at that age.

satisfied ? seriously. moby is more important than depeche mode.

now... what would make RDJ release his yet unreleased music ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anything not generally acceptable is exactly what I want to hear

you can get dozens of millions of tracks out there that are not generally acceptable. interestingly THOSE are rejected by most, if not almost all people. right ?

I like to get as wide a picture as possible of how people like rjd think. I believe he's a genius and worth examining through and through so listening to more stuff of various quality would be very exciting.

Besides that, whenever I listen to Druqks or Selectet ambient works or RDJ album I get a damn feeling its just the top of a iceberg. There's so many different musical elements there so well articulated, that they had to be redone in various opuses before these releases. And I'm quite positive there are indeed at least 30-50 unreleased tracks that after heard I'd want to listen to them always like the regular rdj music.

So...what if Watmm tried to consult Rich to select some stuff AGAIN and make a selected rare works or something. Made especially for watmm if have to haha :innocent:

So...what if Watmm tried to consult Rich to select some stuff AGAIN and make a selected rare works or something. Made especially for watmm if have to haha :innocent:

i'm sure it would be 'quite good'.

Well if Rich doesn't want his unreleased stuff out there after he dies, he should trash it. What if he would die in a car...I mean tank wreck? You never know when you're gonna go, so you'd figure after he makes an album he would trash what didn't make it.

Guest Enter a new display name

Maybe his unreleased tracks are failed attempts, who knows? Sure, his fans always ask Richard for more, but that is not a reason for those tunes to be released. Leave him release some top quality stuff as he always does, you don't need to listen to every single bit of music he composed.

Maybe his unreleased tracks are failed attempts, who knows? Sure, his fans always ask Richard for more, but that is not a reason for those tunes to be released. Leave him release some top quality stuff as he always does, you don't need to listen to every single bit of music he composed.

Some of the 'failed attempts' that have made it through are still enjoyable enough to listen to.

No one needs to listen to the unreleased material, some just want to.

"How does it feel; to want?"

Guest AOOproductions

Personally I bet all his tracks have been releases in some form or another. For his unreleased stuff that he thinks is good, he might just not have a place on any albums for it, so he throws some of their ideas into remix's and other tracks to be released later. The whole tracks might not make it, but he could be remixing tracks that are unreleased to make them fit in an album or style he's going for better.

Plus he's like good at making da musics, so we shouldn't question him cause we are just a bunch of squirrels in his godly eyes.

the facts are that we've heard quite a few of his unreleased tracks and many of them are certainly up to par with his previous releases, many are not, but they are still worth a release. i think it was tom that said the majority of richards unreleased tunes were up to par with his released stuff. however, richard only seems to be interested in releasing music for profit. of course one can only hope he'll pull a trent reznor and upload several thousand songs onto musicane/bleep or something similar for and offer them for a good price. however this is unlikely to happen. he'll give away some dats as his popularity continues to decrease and a bunch of shit will be released via indy labels. if he doesnt end up needing further music, he will die and grant will release a bunch of shit, his wife will give stuff away to friends and his friends will either a) release stuff via their indy label b) give away to fans. dont count on getting jack shit soon unless richy decides to get into the sharing/cc spirit.

the facts are that we've heard quite a few of his unreleased tracks and many of them are certainly up to par with his previous releases, many are not, but they are still worth a release. i think it was tom that said the majority of richards unreleased tunes were up to par with his released stuff. however, richard only seems to be interested in releasing music for profit. of course one can only hope he'll pull a trent reznor and upload several thousand songs onto musicane/bleep or something similar for and offer them for a good price. however this is unlikely to happen. he'll give away some dats as his popularity continues to decrease and a bunch of shit will be released via indy labels. if he doesnt end up needing further music, he will die and grant will release a bunch of shit, his wife will give stuff away to friends and his friends will either a) release stuff via their indy label b) give away to fans. dont count on getting jack shit soon unless richy decides to get into the sharing/cc spirit.

so have you heard Untrkmind

/

Guest hahathhat

the topic seems to be drifting into "should he release more stuff" as opposed to "how to force his hand" so here's my thoughts on that:

generally, he hasn't disappointed. if he doesn't release stuff for reasons of personal taste, i can't argue with the level of taste he's displayed thus far. however, if he's not releasing stuff because of

A) trying to milk it for $$

B) because it's a pain in the ass to get the biz machine geared up (more likely)

i would not find those acceptable excuses.

anyways, if dumps a load of half-finished, halfass (but interesting) bits on the web... someone could download it, it'd be the first time they'd ever heard his work, and if it was mediocre they might write him off entirely. i've sent people to my website and had them laser in on one of the worst tracks for their first download. just murphy's law, i guess... result is, i gradually pull off the ones i wouldn't want people's first taste of my tunes to be. on that level, i totally understand sitting on most of your tracks...

so have you heard Untrkmind

/

i have

anyways, if dumps a load of half-finished, halfass (but interesting) bits on the web... someone could download it, it'd be the first time they'd ever heard his work, and if it was mediocre they might write him off entirely.

Didn't he already do that, except instead of releasing it on the web, he released it on CD and 180-gram unrecycled vinyl?

Archived