IGNORED

What would make RDJ release his yet unreleased music?

gaarg

Seriously, there are thousands that would hear more of his stuff (especially since Rich says the best is left unreleased) so what would it take to get it?

I'm jazzbanding here probably but really - any good ideas?

Besides threats, pistols, kidnaping and stuff

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest PWSTEAL

He better release his un-released music when he dies,

or else I'm going to break into his house and steal his computer.

I MUST HAVE MORE RICHARD JAMES MUSIC!

Really, It is like a drug...

meaning that he has tons of unreleased music doesn't mean its as good as the stuff he did release.

if it was he would release it

every producer has tons of unreleased music

Guest Susan Midriff

He said in an interview that he has his friends decide what to release on his albums, and so his unreleased stuff is probably just different and not as "generally acceptable"

I bet it's just all really personal and not really for releasing. :alien:

He said in an interview that he has his friends decide what to release on his albums, and so his unreleased stuff is probably just different and not as "generally acceptable"

I bet it's just all really personal and not really for releasing. :alien:

Simple question. IF an artist doesn't want to release some tracks. He wont release it for a reason. Like he said in one interview, some tracks he dedicated to other people are likely never to come out. An artist releases music which he/she believes his/hers listeners would enjoy and match his/hers style. I wouldn't be surprised if he experimented with Trance or Rock or even some total wierd stuff. I am happy with what he has given to the public. If I knew someone spread my unreleased music when I died I would just delete it all before I died maybe. Hah, I would feel violated, but thats just me. One final thought, if he where to give all his unreleased music, it won't be exciting anymore to look for secret tracks.

I'm pretty sure he lost a whole lot of stuff throughout the years.

:aphexsign:

COME ON YOU CUNT LETS HAVE SOME APHEX ACID

[edit] And like Brian said, half the stuff might just be "shite", unlike the carefully chosen quality tracks he released.

the obvious answer is to hack his computers

This happened, at least RDJ claimed it did. He said one person made it through his firewalls and security. Doesn't mean the guy got anything, or that the hacker even knew who he was hacking. I'm sure there is only a small amount of unreleased material on his computer anyway, the rest stashed away elsewhere (to be discovered later)

As a painter I have a different point of view probably. Lotsa times friends or just some folks come in touch with drawings or paintings that I think are trash or at least not worth comparing to better works. Most of the time the like it at least as much as the stuff I tell them is better or more. Thing is, as an artist you're always kinda hermetic in your own world of values, and it might lessen your objectivety, so I think you should open almost everything to the public. As I won't exibit shitier paintings, afx wouldn't publish crappier musics, ok, but he could post it free then, or something. Given a stern "WE WANT IT!!!" from the fans of course.

"My best stuff will remain unreleased"

He's lying . He's trying to make himself look good. As we have seen on the Windowlicker music video, he has a permanent crush on himself.

Guest hahathhat
the obvious answer is to hack his computers

This happened, at least RDJ claimed it did. He said one person made it through his firewalls and security. Doesn't mean the guy got anything, or that the hacker even knew who he was hacking. I'm sure there is only a small amount of unreleased material on his computer anyway, the rest stashed away elsewhere (to be discovered later)

I always suspected the true story about Drukqs was something like that... but if the press release said he released the tracks because someone hacked him and DL'd them, every jerkface fanboy (like me lol) would be after his boxen from then on, trying to force his hand and get another release out... Either that, or the entire Drukqs story was bull, which is equally possible.

Let's just take this seriously for a moment... just thinking out loud here, this is the first time I've bothered to consider this stuff.

1) Yeah, RDJ seems to like his DATs, but he still probably has masses of Cubase projects, samples, sysex, WAV masters, whatever... the computer is the most convenient place to keep all that, but I doubt there would be a huge repository of Caustic Window era crap on his drives. So - "only a small amount of unreleased material on his computer" - I'd say that's only half-right.

2) Nothing is totally secure, so if he's got half a brain and is sufficiently motivated to care, he keeps all that stuff on burned discs/external USB drives/computers unattached to the Internet. I wager he's bright enough to understand this point, but he also seems to regularly come down with a case of The Lazies, and it may just be too aggravating for him to bother with that level of precaution. However...

3) When I write tunes, the Internet is a MAJOR distraction. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of his main music boxes aren't on the 'net at all for that reason alone... never mind security.

4) Even if the bulk of it is not accessible via the 'net, I'm sure you'd have plenty of fun with tracks he shares with friends electronicly, but doesn't release publicly. In fact, that means it's passed a certain level of RDJ quality control, is likely on the on the net, and full of unreleased tidbits... ripe target hello!

5) He might read this and hurry to clean up material covered by #4 lol

I've only ever hacked stuff because I had a reason too... for just entertaining myself, I'm happy just coding or messing about on my own machines.

If I had his IP address(es), however, I would be sorely tempted to give it a shot. I may be flamed to hell for saying this... he's probably the better musician, but I'm the better hacker. :laughing:

Guest hahathhat
he's probably the better musician, but I'm the better hacker. :laughing:

he's a good hacker too you know...

never said he wasn't, just that i was probably better! :rolleyes:

he's never gone into much detail about it, though, so who knows... no absolutes in life and all that

Archived