IGNORED

What would make RDJ release his yet unreleased music?

gaarg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HokusPoker
who want 2 kill RDJ?

The Tuss wants to.

I bet a lost bet would make him release his unreleased stuff.

Are you in, RDJ? Accept the bet?

By the way, he also said that he won't release his best music because he doesn't want people to put it down.

I still believe RDJ will stick around for years to come. He just loves making music by the sounds of things in his interviews, I can not imagine him stopping it all altogether, however releasing music is another matter. I even believe that we will see some new stuff from him this year, but perhaps under a new alias.

I wonder if ol' squarepusher could throw out a album, that would stop me from thinking about hearing more aphex all the time. I was really impressed by Ultravisitor, but that was long ago, and since then aphex became such a great personality, especially after analords. Ah well, killing Rich probably isn't a good thing in any way, so we should bargain somehow... Do you think he would go for a 4x4 meters hand painted drawing of a penis?

You're known for being very prolific. How much material did you write for the new album?

"For this one, I had about 200 songs. It was quite hard, it's always hard, because I never know what to release, basically. So I get my mates to listen to it and try to see what they like. I don't usually end up putting out my favorite tracks. I don't reckon people will get into those. Not that I care, I just want them to buy the record so I can get some money."

You're known for being very prolific. How much material did you write for the new album?

"For this one, I had about 200 songs. It was quite hard, it's always hard, because I never know what to release, basically. So I get my mates to listen to it and try to see what they like. I don't usually end up putting out my favorite tracks. I don't reckon people will get into those. Not that I care, I just want them to buy the record so I can get some money."

I do find it hard to believe that his friend's have chosen basically all of the Discography Richard has produced so far spanning from the late 80's to present day - he must have had a say on many releases.

200 tracks though.. :angry:

I do find it hard to believe that his friend's have chosen basically all of the Discography Richard has produced so far spanning from the late 80's to present day - he must have had a say on many releases.

200 tracks though.. :angry:

Hahaha, I actually thought it was a fun idea. I would love some of my friends to choose songs for my next album. That way I wouldn't have to stress over it. Kinda like, let the listeners choose the tracks.

Guest HokusPoker
I wonder if ol' squarepusher could throw out a album, that would stop me from thinking about hearing more aphex all the time. I was really impressed by Ultravisitor, but that was long ago, and since then aphex became such a great personality, especially after analords. Ah well, killing Rich probably isn't a good thing in any way, so we should bargain somehow... Do you think he would go for a 4x4 meters hand painted drawing of a penis?

Hand painted?

He wouldn't care about anything less than a penis painted cunt, believe.

Simple question. IF an artist doesn't want to release some tracks. He wont release it for a reason. Like he said in one interview, some tracks he dedicated to other people are likely never to come out. An artist releases music which he/she believes his/hers listeners would enjoy and match his/hers style. I wouldn't be surprised if he experimented with Trance or Rock or even some total wierd stuff. I am happy with what he has given to the public. If I knew someone spread my unreleased music when I died I would just delete it all before I died maybe. Hah, I would feel violated, but thats just me. One final thought, if he where to give all his unreleased music, it won't be exciting anymore to look for secret tracks.

I'm pretty sure he lost a whole lot of stuff throughout the years.

:aphexsign:

COME ON YOU CUNT LETS HAVE SOME APHEX ACID

[edit] And like Brian said, half the stuff might just be "shite", unlike the carefully chosen quality tracks he released.

Unreleased material; I am sure he's got an ass load.

Here are some examples:

the mini disc given to Joyrex, contained a full album of tracks that were picked from different DAT tapes

the tapes that tom middleton had, something like 8-10 tapes full (how many hours) xtal, supremcy II and others were heard on the tapes from 91 (imagine what else is on the rest of those tapes)

he seems to play an unreleased track at most of the gigs he does

Vibert recorded loads of material with Richard, which will probably never be heard by most ears.

The sample of RDJ and Vibert, from good ol' WATMM; this sample sounds like it could be titled 'midievil rave 3' to me, good stuff

maybe not all of his best material is unreleased, but he still has some great material that is unreleased, as well as some mediocre stuff and some shit obviously

who want 2 kill RDJ?

The Lemonheads, when they find out the remix he gave them was just a random, unrelated track.

Orange, for pissing them off with the "Come To Daddy Remixed" release.

The Guardian Newspaper, for making the interviewer wait 21 hours to arrive.

Thousands of disgruntled fans who sliced open their Analord binder trying to find Analord 12.

People who hate Brian Tregaskin (the WATMM user) and think that he is actually RDJ.

Thousands of old people who were scared by the film SAW 2, thinking that RDJ directed it while lucid dreaming.

Loads of murderous bastards who'd kill a baby if it looked at them funny.

who want 2 kill RDJ?

The Lemonheads, when they find out the remix he gave them was just a random, unrelated track.

Orange, for pissing them off with the "Come To Daddy Remixed" release.

The Guardian Newspaper, for making the interviewer wait 21 hours to arrive.

Thousands of disgruntled fans who sliced open their Analord binder trying to find Analord 12.

People who hate Brian Tregaskin (the WATMM user) and think that he is actually RDJ.

Thousands of old people who were scared by the film SAW 2, thinking that RDJ directed it while lucid dreaming.

Loads of murderous bastards who'd kill a baby if it looked at them funny.

:beer:

...also the angry pissed off ex-girlfriend

and loads of other musicians who are in fact soul-less, and whom believe by killing RDJ that they might in fact inherit his musical essence.

Simple question. IF an artist doesn't want to release some tracks. He wont release it for a reason. Like he said in one interview, some tracks he dedicated to other people are likely never to come out. An artist releases music which he/she believes his/hers listeners would enjoy and match his/hers style. I wouldn't be surprised if he experimented with Trance or Rock or even some total wierd stuff. I am happy with what he has given to the public. If I knew someone spread my unreleased music when I died I would just delete it all before I died maybe. Hah, I would feel violated, but thats just me. One final thought, if he where to give all his unreleased music, it won't be exciting anymore to look for secret tracks.

I'm pretty sure he lost a whole lot of stuff throughout the years.

:aphexsign:

COME ON YOU CUNT LETS HAVE SOME APHEX ACID

[edit] And like Brian said, half the stuff might just be "shite", unlike the carefully chosen quality tracks he released.

Unreleased material; I am sure he's got an ass load.

Here are some examples:

the mini disc given to Joyrex, contained a full album of tracks that were picked from different DAT tapes

the tapes that tom middleton had, something like 8-10 tapes full (how many hours) xtal, supremcy II and others were heard on the tapes from 91 (imagine what else is on the rest of those tapes)

he seems to play an unreleased track at most of the gigs he does

Vibert recorded loads of material with Richard, which will probably never be heard by most ears.

The sample of RDJ and Vibert, from good ol' WATMM; this sample sounds like it could be titled 'midievil rave 3' to me, good stuff

maybe not all of his best material is unreleased, but he still has some great material that is unreleased, as well as some mediocre stuff and some shit obviously

I couple imagine lol.

Guest chunky

ye

amen watior sounds like aphex twin in ekt

global goon remix competitions had aphex twin secret remix

luke vibert chuckend up mixes of him and aphex twin jam

u missed out on a lot of stuff probaly

I still say that most of that "unreleased" stuff is pure myth like only Richard likes to create. The guy basically has created a career over-mystificating his persona. And it has worked.

Sure he might have unreleased stuff from all his period of work, like every artist, but not in large quantities. Tapes lying, stolen mp3s, fake myspace, I mean cmon.

Anything not generally acceptable is exactly what I want to hear

you can get dozens of millions of tracks out there that are not generally acceptable. interestingly THOSE are rejected by most, if not almost all people. right ?

I still say that most of that "unreleased" stuff is pure myth like only Richard likes to create. The guy basically has created a career over-mystificating his persona. And it has worked.

Sure he might have unreleased stuff from all his period of work, like every artist, but not in large quantities. Tapes lying, stolen mp3s, fake myspace, I mean cmon.

exactly. if for example i had an amount of 100 times as many tracks as i release... there are probably a lot of reasons why that's the way it is. like when i listened to moby's b-sides i thought most of that should have left unplayed.

exactly. if for example i had an amount of 100 times as many tracks as i release... there are probably a lot of reasons why that's the way it is. like when i listened to moby's b-sides i thought most of that should have left unplayed.

to be fair, most everything moby has ever produced should remain unplayed.

Archived