IGNORED

Wisp - The Shimmering Hour

wow these previews do sound pretty good, but I mean if we didn't know wisp, you'd totally be like, is this aphex dupe? But you can tell by the drums especially (tone wise) that it's not.

where is this popping out with previews? or is this just the shimmering hour sampler he posted on myspace

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

!! it sounds real good!

it may sound afx-ish/tuss-ish, but you people have heard honor beats right? these samples still sound like wisp :)

Guest AphexTom9
!! it sounds real good!

it may sound afx-ish/tuss-ish, but you people have heard honor beats right? these samples still sound like wisp :)

Honor Beats made me a believer in the first place

Guest tonfarben

So why are we in the wrong thread?

Anyway, I preordered Katabatic, too. The preview is very promising. I like all three tunes. Sounds very WISPish! :braindance:

wow, i'm impressed. it's been a while since i dismissed "electronic music", but this is really good.

the first two samples are awesome. i was getting through the third when BAM, a 303 out of nowhere. didn't liked that :\

great job!

Goddamnit Boomkat has turned up their anti-pirate BLOOOOOOOP so loudly that you can't even enjoy a sample at a decent volume. Jesus, I'm not gonna rip your fucking 10 kpbs 30 second sample okay?!

seriously!

from boomkat

...somewhere between 'Aphex Twin' and 'Drukqs' with a bit of the Analord series chucked in for good measure. 'Kalabatic' initiates the rush....

'Aphex Twin' ?

'Kalabatic' ?

sloppy

Yeah I thought the write-up was sloppy and spent too much time comparing Wisp to Aphex rather than talk about the music itself.

Which actually gave rise in my head to a little story about why TSH has been delayed, which is that Richard James was worried about another Tuss-like fiasco bc he thought Wisp sounded too much like him, and was fighting to make Reid change some of the tracks on the album. Scandalous! :ohmy:

Guest AphexTom9
More whale sounds and pan flute were added to differentiate the two more.

ohhh, good!

yea i hate the boomkat BLOOOP too...

Archived